ABM Industries Inc.
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all the local organization’s sales strategies and marketing communications. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the sales and marketing. Directs the efforts of the sales, marketing, communications and public relations and coordinates the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization.
The position reports to the General Manager and serves as a member of the Senior Management team.
This position participates with the City of Minneapolis and other management staff in charting the direction of the Sales and Marketing efforts, assuring its accountability to all constituencies and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Senior Management team and operational staff.
Sales, Marketing, and Communications
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
a. A comprehensive marketing, communications and sales generation program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and general public, as well as facilitate internal and external communications.
b. All organizational marketing and communications activities and materials including publications, social media and so forth.
2. Ensure articulation of organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization.
3. Responsible for creative direction, design, production and distribution of all organization publications.
4. Responsible for establishing, monitoring and updating all social media sites and web-site content.
5. Coordinate the appearance of all organization print and electronic materials such as flyers, brochures, signage, etc.
6. Develop, coordinate and carry-out sales programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist in the marketing, communications and sales activities for the parking system.
7. Provide counsel to others on marketing and sales communications.
8. Ensure that the organization regularly conducts relevant market research, coordinate and oversee this activity. Along with monitoring trends.
9. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
10. Research, develop and implement new, innovative parking and multimodal programs.
11. Develop and carry out sales, marketing and communication strategies.
Planning and Budgeting
1. Responsible for the achievement of sales, marketing, communications goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals/objectives and report progress to the General Manager.
2. Develop short and long term plans and budgets for the marketing, communications, sales programs and it activities. Monitor their progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
3. Recommend short and long term organization goals and objectives.
4. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the sales, marketing, communications and social media/public relations function.
1. Work with senior staff, vendors, other staff and volunteers to:
a. Develop and maintain a strategic perspective – based on marketplace and organizational needs and satisfaction.
2. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the operational team regarding the quality of programs and services.
3. Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity within operations.
1. Proven work experience as a sales representative
2. Demonstrated experience with web site platforms, content management and various forms of social media
3. Strong, creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
4. Experience developing and managing budgets
5. Demonstrated successful experience making presentations and negotiating with potential clients
6. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications
7. Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout
8. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
9. Strong oral and written communication skills
10. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
11. Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and sales activities
12. Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in marketing, communications and sales with demonstrated success
13. BS/BA degree or equivalent
Minneapolis, MN 55403 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
Apply to this Job
ABM Industries Inc.
Website : http://www.abm.com
With over 100 years of facility solutions experience, we continue to serve thousands of clients across the U.S. and in over 20 international locations. ABM offers: ABM is one of the largest facility management services providers in the U.S. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable building maintenance services cost effectively. Our substantial base of long-term clients demonstrates the importance that we place on building enduring relationships. As an ABM client, you have the advantage of obtaining multiple services under one contract with a single point of contact, making it easy for you to outsource these functions without administrative headaches. We provide any combination of services on a local, regional or national basis.