Senior Big Data Engineer
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring a New York based Senior Big Data Engineer reporting to the Senior Director, Engineering.
FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV.
FreeWheel's New York Engineering Team is part of a global engineering group that is building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests, and process terabytes of raw daily data.
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Partner with global engineering, product and operations teams to further incorporate collective innovations
- Work with different teams to design tech solution
- Follow updates in different FreeWheel backend components and contribute to the long-term roadmap for FreeWheel's data strategy
- Drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Improve performance, availability and scalability of our backend systems
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- 3 years of experience building large scale big data applications
- Good with SQL and database general concepts
- Familiar with Linux commands and environments
- Proficient with 23 programming languages among Golang/C /Scala/Python/Ruby/Java. Fast to pick up new languages.
- Hands-on experiences with data processing or analysis systems is strongly preferred.
- Experiences with Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Presto/etc are strongly preferred.
- Experiences with AWS or other Cloud technology are strongly preferred.
- Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
- Detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team-oriented environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://www.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.