Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc., Digital & Technology inspires athletes worldwide to move faster, push harder and pursue their personal best. From personalized training content to access to sport's top stories, the world of Nike Digital is leveling the playing field like nothing before. This team powers Nike's entire digital presence, including nike.com and NIKEiD, Nike products and mobile applications, digital brand experiences and consumer interactions. Using consumer analytics, statistics, digital marketing, software development and social media, Nike Digital disrupts with new and better ways for consumers to connect with products and each other, delivering sport into the future.
Nike's Marketplace Analytics team focuses on the commercial performance of the marketplace across all channels and categories, supporting a wide array of stakeholders by delivering insights, driving the creation of automated, self-service reporting, and using advanced analytics to identify opportunities to impact the business through optimization, testing and forecasting.
The Senior Director of Commercial Analytics reports directly to the Vice President of Global Marketplace Analytics and leads the business analyst team accountable for insight delivery. This critical role focuses on delivering analytically-driven insights on the drivers of commercial performance to stakeholders across the company, such as categories, inventory planning, supply planning and holistic marketplace demand planning. The role will also partner closely with peers within Marketplace Analytics who are leading advanced analytics and data product delivery teams to ensure that requirements from key stakeholders are informing and helping prioritize the roadmaps of these delivery teams.
As the leader of the Global Commercial Analytics team, you will work across a diverse set of topic areas. You will lead a team of highly skilled analysts who are adept at working with large data sets, business intelligence tools and have strong SQL skills. Your team supports leadership by driving insights that help stakeholders better understand business trends. Your team leverages reporting tools and ad hoc analysis to pull out relevant data, provide trend reporting, develops KPI frameworks to better understand holistic performance, and performs deep ad hoc analysis and what if scenario building to better inform decisions.
A few examples of the type of work your team may engage in include:
• Driving insights into Nike Direct marketplace performance within the context of overall marketplace trends
• Using predictive models created by the advanced analytics team to work with key accounts to identify incremental opportunities for distribution
• Partnering with Supply Planning to identify key drivers of marketplace inventory availability and driving requirements for advanced analytics optimization opportunities
• Developing insights into cross-category marketplace trends & presenting recommendations on potential actions
• Working with internal partners to align on a framework for evaluating Nike's marketplace performance at a city level, then identifying key drivers that can be used to optimize performance
As the leader of this team you will help drive the adoption of self-service reporting solutions that empower users beyond the analytics community. You will become an invaluable partner to your stakeholders and help catalyze their thinking about what's possible. You will serve as an evangelist for the power of predictive analysis and work with the advanced analytics team inject these capabilities deeply into the business. You will think broadly and creatively about the role of analytics at Nike and how data can be used to help the entire company.
You've reached the point in your career where you've learned how to be effective by empowering others, but sometimes you crank out your own analysis because you just can't help yourself (even though it probably isn't the most rational use of your time). You are passionate about iteration and testing and are borderline-obsessed with measuring impact. You desire to be a mentor and intellectual partner for your team, and your boundless curiosity is infectious. You like the word incremental when it is applied to a measurement or model but prefer step change when talking about driving business results. You know how to rise above the numbers and explain the essential idea to business users who don't always understand how the sausage is made. You instinctively minimize complexity, focus on the consumer and drive sales.
Requirements for this position include:
• Masters in quantitative degree (Statistics, Decisions Sciences, Computer Science, Economics etc..) or MBA preferred
• At least 15 years professional experience with a minimum of 8 years in analytics.
• Previous leadership experience of a team of analysts supporting the delivery of insights to stakeholders and a track record of successfully cultivating new leaders and helping analytics professionals grow and advance in their careers
• Demonstrated ability to develop deep understanding of business drivers and independently, creatively apply analytics capabilities against the highest priorities
• Proven ability to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations to broader audience required
• Exceptionally strong presentation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including results packaging and development of management presentations
• Extensive experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership teams
• Demonstrated ability to work in a large, matrixed organization, successfully influencing others & building relationships
Strong project management capabilities to manage multiple project streams and complexity; propensity for thinking through projects in a process-oriented way required
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Website : http://www.nike.com
NIKE, Inc. is the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories. NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, as well as in the provision of services to men, women, and kids worldwide. The company offers products in seven categories, including running, basketball, football, mens training, womens training, NIKE sportswear, and action sports Under the NIKE and Jordan brand names. It also markets products designed for kids, as well as for other athletic and recreational uses, such as baseball, cricket, golf, lacrosse, outdoor activities, football, tennis, volleyball, walking, and wrestling. The company was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.