Nabors Industries, Ltd
Senior IT Business Analyst (EOS)','170000FN','!*!Nabors Industries owns and operates the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout the world’s most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Senior IT Business Analyst (EOS) serves as a liaison between the IT organization and business partners as it relates to the diversity and complexity of systems, technologies and processes. This position prioritizes initiatives and identifies opportunities for technology to add business value in conjunction with business leaders. This role leads the business analysis phase of a project, as well as the configuration of applications/modules to meet client needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Quickly develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the Nabors domain, including infrastructure, custom software products, existing vendor products, system integrations, and the Nabors data model.
Evaluates and understands Nabors software products and identifies new opportunities to provide innovation through technology.
Establishes relationships within the business and educates the IT team on the needs and priorities of business partners.
Capable of helping their assigned business partner(s) clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future technology needs. Documents requirements and process maps ensuring they are effectively presented and mutually understood.
Configures or directs the configuration of existing applications/modules to meet customer needs
Manages/coordinates all aspects of vendor product implementation, including procurement, licensing, integration/data feeds, testing (all types), configuration, training, installation, and documentation.
Analyzes and in some cases produces process and data flows, identifying potential redundancies, overlaps in method, key decision points, etc., to enhance a business process
Drives and facilitates product development through all phases of the SDLC, ensuring overall success of product launches, upgrades, and maintenance.
Understands current and future resource constraints and is able to contribute fully to the demand management process.
Conducts data mining techniques and analyzes data trends to support business planning and development as it relates to the IT environment.
Evangelizes products, promoting their benefits with internal business customers throughout the organization and encourage adoption through social media promotions, training presentations, and hands on discussion with users.
Works flexibly, with the ability to shift focus and adapt quickly to forces which are often beyond control. Welcomes the challenge of successfully managing change for a broad group of stakeholders.
Drives cross-team collaboration and consensus on product requirements and priorities for both short and long-term goals. Facilitates discussions, debate, mediates conflict and nurtures a collaborative effort.','!*!MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree or above in business administration, engineering, computer science, or related technical/business fields from a four-year accredited university or equivalent work experience.
• Six years of functional experience in technology support or related field with emphasis on field service and/or order-to-cash applications such as Salesforce, Apttus, Microsoft Dynamics, ServiceMax, IFS, etc.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel (both back office and field employees from clerks to VPs).
• Proven ability to think critically and strategically about technology and its business implications and to achieve results despite ambiguity.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude needed to understand the implications of technical product decisions; experience with Oracle and other Enterprise level system a plus.
• Ability to respond calmly and methodically to obstacles, yet remain results-oriented, extremely proactive, and collaborative
• Experience with TFS (Team Foundation Server) or other requirements management tools a plus.
• Experience with creating prototypes, screen/system mock-ups, and/or UI/UX design a plus.
• At least 3 years’ recent experience in the IT industry; specific experience with Oil and Gas markets a plus.
• Understanding of industry and business process trends.
','IT','United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Corporate Services) Houston Office','','Senior IT Business Analyst (EOS)
Nabors Industries, Ltd
Website : http://www.nabors.com
The Nabors companies own and operate approximately 521 land drilling and approximately 607 land workover and well-servicing rigs in North America. Nabors' actively marketed offshore fleet consists of 40 platform rigs, 12 jack-up units and 4 barge rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. In addition, Nabors manufactures top drives and drilling instrumentation systems and provides comprehensive oilfield hauling, engineering, civil construction, logistics and facilities maintenance, and project management services. Nabors participates in most of the significant oil, gas and geothermal markets in the world.