Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Senior Interaction Designer (Mexico)
917255BRReq ID:917255BRCompany Summary:Walmart Global eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, VUDU, SamsClub.com, and our technical powerhouse @WalmartLabs. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. Data scientists, front and back-end engineers, product managers, and web and UX/UI teams collaborate alongside e-commerce experts to envision, prototype, and bring revolutionary ideas to life in a dynamic, flexible and fun work culture.Job Title:Senior Interaction Designer (Mexico)Position Summary:.City:SUNNYVALEState:CAPosition Description:As a Sr. Interaction Designer we need your expertise to make an impact in a highly strategic and important initiative within the International eCommerce team within Walmart. Specifically, your assignment is to apply your deep knowledge of user interaction design (research, conceptual design, prototyping, testing) as part of the Mexico design team to deeply empathize with the customer. You will liaise within cross-functional partnerships across Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our customers, meeting them where they are. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, owning and crafting effective designs from top to bottom to create delightful and effective eCommerce experiences across multiple platforms.
The right fit is someone who is a strategic thinker with an advanced interaction design background, passionate for building in the ecommerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and inter-dependencies – to develop engaging interfaces
• Steer interaction design decisions based on good judgment, experience, research, and data
• Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that affect billions of our customers every day
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experienceMinimum Qualifications:• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve for both business requirements and customer needs.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and process including Product/Interaction/Visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3 years as a senior interaction designer or equivalent practical experience
• Speak and read SpanishAdditional Preferred Qualifications:• Delivered logical and engaging interfaces for responsive web, iOS and Android
• Experience building efficient scalable systems or in eCommerce
• Bachelor’s in Design, User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Mass Communications or related field.Category:User Experience and Design (UX/UI) Division:Walmart.comDivision Summary:The Walmart.com team is here to provide amazing digital and physical experiences for our customers – with seamless access to products and services they want. Marketplace allows us to present an even wider array of vendor products on Walmart.com and beyond. Behind the scenes, e-commerce experts are focused on category growth, program management, business development, and seller onboarding. We continuously strive to deliver incredible selection, ease, and e-commerce innovation to customers.Employment Type:Full TimeRequisition Template:eCommerce Department Summary:The UX Design team is creating user experiences for customers who shop online on our sites from their desktops and mobile devices. It’s all about the user experience from ideation, exploring experience design concepts, to prototyping and testing. Our UX/UI experts include strategists, researchers, architects and designers who build best-in-class site experiences and apps. It’s incredibly exciting and rewarding to see products in our users’ hands.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
Website : http://www.walmart.com
Walmart helps people around the world save money and live better -- anytime and anywhere -- in retail stores, online and through their mobile devices. Each week, more than 245 million customers and members visit our 11,000 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2013 sales of approximately $466 billion, Walmart employs 2.2 million associates worldwide.