Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
About & Home
Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance is a division of Ameriprise Financial, a FORTUNE 500® company. Through exclusive partnerships with organizations such as Costco, we are able to offer their clients our personal insurance products. We offer customers across the nation high-quality, cost-effective auto, home and umbrella insurance products.
At Ameriprise Auto & Home Insurance, you will work in a culture that is dedicated to driving results with a strong focus on our handle with care culture. Regardless of department or location, we all share in a commitment to our clients, each other, the communities in which we live and work, company goals, and delivering on our mission statement. We invest in our employees with growth and development opportunities via Ameriprise University, competitive pay, and a generous benefits package. Benefits are effective the first day of employment for full-time employees.
The primary role of the Sr Mgr-Information Architecture is to effectively lead an architecture team comprised of Information Architects to provide data strategy and governance oversight for a focused portion of the Ameriprise information architecture, ensuring that projects and programs within the portfolio are supported by the appropriate data deliverables. This role will also be a vocal and active champion of the technology architecture practice. The Sr Mgr-Information Architecture will function as an Information Architect for a percentage of their time in addition to their people leadership responsibilities.
Major areas of accountability:
• Creation of Artifacts ~~ Data Modeling ~~ Project Governance ~~ Manage Strategy ~~ Project Planning ~~ Information Architecture Practice
• Effectively lead and oversee a team of architecture professionals (employee, contract employee or vendor) in a manner that ensures effective execution of project deliverables (in terms on time, quality and budget). This includes: recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning and budget management. Facilitate the professional growth and development of the architecture team.
• Create the high level architecture and data solution design for projects (conceptual model, integration model, sourcing) in alignment with the portfolio and enterprise data strategy. Translate enterprise or business needs into long-term information architecture solutions. Apply enterprise vision to all portfolio, technical and application projects understanding and communicating different architectural models/strategies that are consistent with business strategies.
• Analyze business processes, operational applications and source data to understand dependencies, anomalies and implicit business rules that impact the ability to manage the master data. Design, develop and maintain logical and physical data models. Perform data profiling and analysis, and develop data models that correspond to the business and technical requirements. Review and sign-off on all project data models.
• Provide governance oversight to ensure project adherence to information architecture strategy, principles, standards, policies and procedures throughout all project phases. Partner with other architects to ensure alignment and integration across portfolio boundaries and promote an enterprise focus on data management. Review information architecture deliverables throughout development process to ensure quality & traceability to requirements and adherence to all plans & standards.
• Develop and maintain the portfolio information architecture strategy including data models, data strategy (e.g. management, integration and optimization), and apply to ongoing projects and initiatives, acting as the subject matter expert in key data areas (e.g. data integration, data quality, master data governance, security). Develop and build strong relationships and use effective communication skills to influence and accomplish strategic information architecture objectives.
• Work with project managers and across the architecture organization to develop the approach and cost estimates to produce information architecture deliverables for projects. Assess and facilitate engagement of other data management services (DBA and data integration) for the projects within the portfolio. Provide high level tracking of project progress, with respect to data architecture deliverables, to ensure timely delivery and efficient use and staffing of data architecture resources.
• Contribute to the development and evolution of the Enterprise Reference Architecture and the Information Architecture. Communicate, educate and ensure adherence to sound data management principles and where possible, the re-use of data as well creating and managing meta-data and business rules for the use of data. Establish guiding principles and a reusable methodology for managing information architecture deliverables.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
• 7-10 years of relevant experience.
• Deep logical and physical data modeling experience using the Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) methodology.
• Applied experience and expertise in data architecture concepts (e.g. model management, meta-data management, data governance).
• Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
• Demonstrated proficiency in requirements gathering and analysis processes and methodologies.
• Experience developing a data strategy and working within and influencing the associated policies.
• Knowledge of Enterprise-wide architecture and ability to 'see the big picture' and how it affects current and future technologies.
• Internal/External consulting experience that spans organizational boundaries and includes influencing technology & business leaders.
• Depth of experience in the architecture, design, implementation and support of complex enterprise solutions.
• Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and process improvements.
• Well-honed listening and negotiation skills.
• Experience facilitating discussions and helping to resolve different views of a model.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior success interacting with architects and analysts with diverse personalities and points of view.
• Strong customer relationship management and diplomatic skills.
• Significant business knowledge and have one or more areas of concentrated technical expertise.
• Property Casualty industry specific knowledge that includes working knowledge of industry data standards and architectures.
• Demonstrated ability to explain highly technical solutions to technical and non-technical teams.
• Experience or certification with Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF, FEAF, Zachman).
• IASA CITA-P Certification.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/58141026
View More Ameriprise Jobs
Ameriprise Financial, Inc.
Website : https://www.ameriprise.com
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.