American International Group, Inc.
Apply with LinkedIn
• Develop new analytical capabilities for creating custom solutions for clients in atmospheric perils, climate change, etc.
• Support client specific studies and write client proposals.
• Develop cutting edge underwriting and portfolio management tools for risk assessment from tropical/extra-tropical cyclones, winter storms, tornadoes and hailstorms.
• Conduct research and integrate scientifically derived trends, teleconnections and the impact of seasonal and long term climate factors into the modeling framework.
• Develop vulnerability functions for structural and non-structural components subjected to wind based on engineering analysis, information from the scientific literature and statistical analysis of historical damage and insurance claims data
• Responsible for developing and updating internal natural hazard related datasets/models and risk management tools.
• Perform in-depth validation of hazard and vulnerability components of catastrophe models from RMS and AIR.
• Ph.D. in Engineering, Meteorology, Atmospheric Sciences, or a related discipline
• Minimum 4 years experience in developing catastrophe models for atmospheric perils
• Strong background in probability and statistics
• Strong computer skills, including R, Python, Matlab, C , GIS and SQL
• Excellent analytical, writing, communication, and organizational skills
American International Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.aig.com
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.