Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Social Worker - LCSW - PRN - Marian Regional Medical Center - Arroyo Grande,CA','270341','!*!The Licensed Clinical Social Worker shall be responsible for working closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are met. The incumbent will also ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care. This incumbent will also assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for admission to the Rehab Unit.
We are seeking a talented Social Worker with strong rehab experience who possesses the skills necessary to develop the case management, social work and discharge planning service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit. Position requires an excellent understanding of effective interface between patients, families and medical professionals.
Opportunities to work with the team on developing individual and group interventions with patients and families, as well as patient family education programs. Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient acute rehabilitation are helpful.
Job duties of the Rehab Social Worker may include, but are not limited to:
· Provides direct social work services and counseling to patients, families and/or groups to enhance psychosocial functioning.
· Participates in corporate, facility and community educational training sessions
· Provides assistance in identifying and obtaining financial assistance
· Provides information on private and governmental social services agencies when applicable
· Help facilitate support groups
· Arranges for transportation when necessary
· Identifying resources and assisting with referrals for: home care needs; skilled nursing and therapy needs; alternative living arrangements including home for the aged, assisted living, adult foster care and nursing homes
· Completes all required social work documentation: Assessments, notes, care plans, maintains required social work logs, completes reports monthly, etc.
· Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community resources.
· Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical inpatient rehabilitation. (IRF)
· Provides consultation to members of facility staff, community agencies, and other persons seeking guidance in efforts to solve the problems of residents
· Maintains confidentiality of resident, following HIPAA and Privacy Notice regulations.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- LCSW is required
· If required by state practice laws, current social work license (MSW) or eligibility
· Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred. inpatient medical rehabilitation
· Social Service related experience in a health care setting desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
· Must have clinical experience working with individuals, families and groups.
· Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by various health and welfare organizations in the community
· Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned to.
· Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the residents served.
· Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer programs
· Must have strong leadership skills
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.','Carol L Sullivan','314-846-2055','314-846-2055','CA-Arroyo Grande','667G - Marian Reg Med Ctr-1334','Social Worker - LCSW - PRN - Marian Regional Medical Center - Arroyo Grande,CA
Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Website : http://www.kindredhealthcare.com/
Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States. Named a Fortune magazine Most Admired Company five years in a row, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.