Our software development team is growing fast at Abbott Diabetes Care. We have hired 2 software developers over the past 8 months and are working on extremely innovative Android and iPhone applications to treat diabetes. These mobile applications are first of their kind and will work with our Freestyle Libre Flash Glucose monitoring system. Libre enables diabetics to measure glucose measures without finger-pricking. We are a big company which brings strong stability and resources. This project has broad scope and visibility as the Libre system has billions of dollars in revenue. In this position you can carve out your own niche and be exposed to different parts of mobile development.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Contribute to the design and development of software across one or more domains: mobile, web, desktop, and embedded under a disciplined product development process that meets Abbott quality and appropriate regulatory agency requirements.
• Work on software design, coding, and validating software, supporting verification and validation testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices.
• Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods.
• Design and implement software in current programming languages (e.g. Swift, Java, Objective-C, C#, C, C ).
• Assist in the preparation of software design requirements and detailed design specifications for implementation of software designs per Abbott design development process.
• Assist in the evaluation of selected designs through testing and full documentation of the results.
• Work on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Associates Degree (± 13 years)
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics).
OR relevant software certification (e.g. Udacity Nanodegree).
Minimum 2 years
2 years of experience in software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience).
ADC Diabetes Care
United States > Alameda : 1360-1380 South Loop Road
Yes, 5 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
is about the power of health. For more than 125 years, Abbott
has been helping people reach their potential — because better health allows people and communities to achieve more. With a diverse, global network serving customers in more than 150 countries, we create new solutions — across the spectrum of health, around the world, for all stages of life. Whether it’s next-generation diagnostics, life-changing devices, science-based nutrition, or novel reformulations, we are advancing some of the most innovative and revolutionary technologies in healthcare, helping people live their best lives through better health.
The people of Abbott
come to work each day with relentless energy, enthusiasm and a promise to enhance the health and well-being of millions of people. They push the boundaries to help manage and treat some of life’s greatest health challenges.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott
, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott
welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Website : http://www.abbott.com
We’re dedicated to fulfilling the promise of human potential, in all places, in all aspects and stages of life. We believe that health is the key to that promise. Because at our healthiest, we’re capable of achieving anything. And that’s why our pursuit of helping people achieve their best health at every life stage will never end. This is how we put that belief into practice each and every day.