Sentry Insurance Groups
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
We are searching for qualified candidates to fill one Software Engineer position at our Middleton, WI office.
What You'll Do
• Leads and provides in-depth input into the identification and development of insurance business applications.
• Leads the development, implementation, and enhancement of new and existing client and server-side applications based on in-depth insurance industry domain and product knowledge.
• Develops audit testing procedures, debugging procedures, and coordination with other Information Technology personnel to communicate information to facilitate compatibility of all systems throughout Sentry.
• Responds to application production problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and changing or repairing the applications to avoid costly interruption of services to users.
• Ensures complete and accurate documentation of applications
What it Takes
• Bachelors in computer science, engineering or related field.
• The individual must have 5 or more years of progressive computer programming experience.
• As part of the 5 years of progressive computer programming experience, the individual must have:
• 5 years experience in JEE technologies including: JSP, Servlets, JNDI, JDBC, JPA (JPQL), JTA, JMS, XML (ACORD), XSLT & XSD, Web Services(SOAP,REST), Hibernate, and Spring.
• 5 years experience with SQL Server and DB2, SQL and stored procedures
• 4 years experience in Tomcat, SOAPUI, JIRA, SVN, Eclipse, and HP Quality Center .
• 1 years experience in Guidewire Policy Center 7 or 8.
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar
match on your first six percent
Comprehensive paid training
Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
Sentry Insurance was founded in 1904 by members of the Wisconsin Retail Hardware Association to provide quality insurance for its members. Throughout our more than 100-year history, we’ve protected businesses, families and individuals with Strength, Protection and Vigilance. Sentry provides the coverage our policyholders need, and the service they expect. Our experienced teams of professionals are specially trained in the following ares: Auto Dealerships, Automotive Services, Distributors and Retailers, Electronic Component Manufacturing, Equipment Dealerships, Farm Equipment Manufactures Assoc., Food Processing, Metalworking, Motorsports Dealerships, National Accounts, Plastics and Rubber Goods, Printing, RV and Boat Dealerships, Transportation, Truck and Trailer Dealerships, State Workers’ Comp. Programs, Employee Benefits, Business Life Insurance, Life and Annuity and Motorcycle Insurance. More than 1.1 million policyholders put their trust in Sentry.