The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Spec, QA/Compliance/Safety in our Eugene, OR location.
Schedule: Various hours to include weekend rotation
Monday –Friday 8:00 – 4:30
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3784724
This position is responsible for supporting Quality, Compliance and Safety activities in the region are accomplished, necessary documentation is accurately completed, all measures and metrics are reported and appropriate corrective actions are executed and documented.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform audits per the local and/or corporate schedule for laboratories, RRLs and PSCs as required. Review audit results and corrective actions. Ensure timely completion of corrective actions. Report audit status to supervisors, managers, regional and corporate Quality.
• Ensure that the Laboratory compliant with the current approved document control procedures. Review and update procedures, policies and other controlled documents (PPDs) per current review requirements.
• Ensure all PPDs are current and aligned with testing laboratory, regional and national documents, and state or local regulation. Ensure that employees are trained before implementation of new and/or revised documents.
• Ensure that the lab is prepared for internal and external regulatory inspections/audits. Work with the QA Manager, Corporate Quality Mentor and Lab Director to implement corrective action and submit proper audit responses.
• Ensure that remedial actions are completed when issues are identified, and documented as required.
• Assist managers through the remedial process and ensure that corrective actions, remedial actions and replication process are completed within a timely fashion.
• Review, analyze and prepare monthly report for Problem Tracking / Customer Care database. Make recommendations for process improvement and error reduction.
• Monitor and review specimen labeling discrepancies/mismatches with supervisors weekly. Provide monthly report to Manager.
• Review and analyze QA reports. Report data and trends to supervisors and manager. Make recommendations for process improvement and error reduction. Presents metrics at QA meetings and provides end-of-year summaries for the Annual Quality Management Plan Assessments.
• Direct/participate in Quality Improvement projects. Identify areas in need of improvement and carry out process improvement projects.
• Ensure that records are maintained as required in accordance with the organization’s Compliance policies and the various regulatory agencies including temperature monitoring, instrument maintenance, eyewash checks, fire extinguishers, etc.
• Create training modules and assist with staff training, as needed, as it relates to compliance and quality measures.
• Ensure employee competencies and job authorizations are completed per current approved procedures and documented for all pre and/or post analytical functions performed in the region.
• Liaison between local RRLs, Patient Services and the Clinical Laboratory staff regarding technical issues, new processes, regulatory issues and process improvement. Attend meetings with technical and quality assurance staff.
• Liaison with regional Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) to implement policies and protocols as needed. Ensure laboratory permits are renewed per local regulations.
• Liaison with regional Compliance, QA and Medical Regulatory Department to implement policies and protocols as needed. Provide required data and responses for compliance metrics and audits.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the Quality Programs for the Laboratory in coordination with the Director of Patient Services, local Quality Assurance team, the Laboratory Director and other stakeholders.
No direct reports
Bachelor’s degree in Science.
Medical Technologist License or Medical Laboratory Scientist License
Minimum three years technical experience in a laboratory setting
• Clinical Laboratory supervisory and/or Quality Assurance experience preferred, but not required.
• American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification is preferred, but not required.
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy plus excellent communication and written skills.
• Ability to identify problems, conduct investigations and analyze data, present resolutions and monitor solution affectivity.
• Ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams with a wide variety of education and expertise, such as local technical subject matter experts, senior leadership, supervisory groups, and front line employees.
• Ability to influence positive change and promote team collaboration.
• Effective training skills using a variety of modalities, such as lecture and hands-on methods.
• Other duties as assigned
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email QDJobs@questdiagnostics.com
or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation
Website : http://www.questdiagnostics.com
Quest Diagnostics has headquarters in the U.S. and operations in India, Ireland, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. Our products and services are used by customers in over 130 countries. We also collaborate with many international diagnostic laboratories, hospitals and clinics to help improve human health around the world.The company is the leading provider of pre-employment drugs-of-abuse screening for employers & risk assessment services for the life insurance industry. It is the world’s 2nd largest provider of clinical trials testing for new pharmaceuticals.