Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300 stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Sr. NSX VMware Engineer. This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona or Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is looking for a talented individual to enable the success of our hybrid cloud implementation. A Sr. NSX VMware Engineer responsible for Virtualization, Networking and Security Services on the Cloud Services team will contribute to architecture, and then design, implement and manage Platform, Networking and Network Security solutions within the software defined data center.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As a Sr. NSX Engineer you will be responsible for assessing, designing, and implementing virtual platforms, networks and security architectures leveraging VMware technologies including NSX, vCloud Suite and third-party partners in an Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) managed environment. You will also enable us to understand and improve our VMware-based network and network security posture as member of a quickly evolving, highly collaborative team.
• Assist/lead the definition and design of virtualized platform, networking and security solutions, following through to installation, configuration, testing and supporting
• Assist/lead the development of architecture blueprints, design specifications, migration plans and operational best practice guidelines based on business or technical requirements
• Participate in architectural and engineering discussions to understand business and technical objectives and product requirements, to develop effective solutions
• Provide hands-on technical leadership to include business and information technology project teams
• Maintain current knowledge of multiple areas of VMware solutions and relevant virtualization, networking and security aspects
• Lead/deliver technical enablement discussions across a multi-disciplined information technology organization
• Presentation of solutions for project, program, business and executive awareness sessions
• Active and regular participation in knowledge management/capture activities
Ideal candidates will have a background in Data Center Virtualization, Network Architecture/Design and Software Defined Networking. They may also have experience in Information Security and Network Security domains in the context of a private/hybrid cloud.
Specific areas of focus include:
• 5 years of experience with virtualization, networking security, ideally in a highly virtualized environment using NSX
• Strong familiarity with L3 Routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF and L2 Switching
• Demonstrated experience with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Security/Trust Zones design/architecture
• Prior experience as a Technical lead (Sr Engineer/Architect) for medium to large IT projects
• Network component troubleshooting familiarity with:
o Enterprise-class switches and routers
o Network firewalls
o Load balancers
o Virtual networking components
• Understanding in designing architecture to meet compliance targets such as PCI and/or HIPAA
• Programming/scripting skills (C / Unix shell, REST API, PowerShell/PowerCLI)
• Differentiators for the role:
o NSX Load Balancer (HAProxy language)
o F5 / Citrix Load Balancer
o Cisco Nexus switches and routers
o Check Point firewall
o Dell Enterprise Hybrid Cloud (EHC) implementation and management
o vCloud Suite, vRealize Automation/Orchestration, Puppet
o vBlock / UCS (profile / policy creation experience)
• Must be willing to travel up to 10% nationally
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training and certification
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace – all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Log In to Apply
Email A Friend
Log In to Apply
Website : http://www.safeway.com
In 1915, M.B. Skaggs, an ambitious young man in the small Idaho town of American Falls, purchased a tiny grocery store from his father. M.B.'s business strategy, to give his customers value and to expand by keeping a narrow profit margin, proved spectacularly successful. By 1926 he was opening 428 Skaggs stores in 10 states. M.B. almost doubled the size of his business that year when he merged his company with 322 Safeway (formerly Selig) stores and incorporated as Safeway, Inc. Two years later M.B. listed Safeway on the New York Stock Exchange. M.B. did not let the difficulties of the Great Depression dilute his pioneering focus on value for customers. In the 1930s Safeway introduced produce pricing by the pound, adding “sell by” dates on perishables to assure freshness, nutritional labeling, even some of the first parking lots.