Requisition Number: WE-11792
Area of Interest: Store Operations
Brand/Division: West Elm
Position Type: Full-time
Store Operations Coordinator -- West Elm
Who we are:
Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The Store Operations Coordinator will assist the Store Operations team in maintaining a daily support structure for stores. Additionally, the role acts as a liaison between corporate partners and stores, coordinating day-to-day activities as well as long-term projects. This role supports the Store Operations team with the day to day tasks that are necessary to keep the stores teams informed, shifting some of the administrative and support workload from additional team members to focus on strategic initiatives. The Store Operations Coordinator will report into the Senior Manager, Store Operations, and will have a direct impact on the overall stores organization by ensuring that the Store Intranet (SWW) is updated with store reporting, customer lists, etc., ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner and store inquiries are resolved through the management of the Store Operations inbox.
An individual in this role will interact with associates of all levels in the corporate and stores organizations, and will develop a skill set that will be transferrable to a number of roles and positions within a retail organization (workload planning, multi-tasking, relationship building, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* The Store Ops Coordinator acts as a liaison between the field and corporate partners, facilitating solutions to a varied list of issues and questions.
* Telephone and email correspondence with stores will make up a large portion of the work in this role.
* Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing administrative support for the Store Operations team, managing and prioritizing the flow of emails to the West Elm Store Operations inbox, light maintenance of the store intranet through timely updates of information, reporting and CRM tools.
* Resolving store needs within predetermined guidelines, based on severity of issues.
* The candidate should be able to identify priorities and react accordingly. A genuine love of problem solving to support people along with a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail will go a long way toward success.
* Candidate must be adaptable and willing to learn new things; we're looking for someone with the ability to develop unusual solutions to the usual problems.
* Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
* Must have up to 1 year of retail store or corporate experience
* Understanding of and passion for the west elm brand
* Comfortable managing a variety of projects and priorities, multi-tasking is a must!
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong collaboration, organizational and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, experience with Excel and PowerPoint preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Williams-Sonoma Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.