Devon Energy Corporation.
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
For more information on Equal Employment Opportunity, please follow these links:
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Provision
This is a unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic team that is responsible for transforming the ad valorem tax processes within Devon. The ad valorem tax team is responsible for analyzing, negotiating, planning, and remitting property taxes for over 16,000 properties within four states. The team works with the accounting, acquisitions & divestitures, budgets & reserves, evaluation & planning, GIS, government affairs, land, legal, new ventures, and tax departments to prepare, negotiate, and remit property taxes. The team also interacts with both local taxing authorities and peer groups/industry trade organizations on a regular basis to negotiate taxes and advocate positions that are favorable to the industry. The team also researches, analyzes, and advises the tax department and other departments of the company from time-to-time on technical ad valorem tax matters & special tax projects. This position would be responsible for compliance & payment related matters but predominantly the management of data and the analysis & interpretation of trends of property tax using internal financial reporting models. The position requires a bright self-starter who is ready, willing, and able to immediately develop an understanding of the company’s data systems as well as learn & grow in his or her expertise & responsibility. The successful candidate will report to the Manager—Tax who leads the team.
• Export data from multiple external and internal sources to prepare case scenarios, analyze trends, and prepare tax estimates
• Prepare & administer real-time dashboards with SAP data extracted using Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) tools
• Develop financial information using reporting tools such as Finance Tabular (BIDW,) ESSBASE, SAP HANA, and PowerBI
• Work and interact with Corporate Reporting & Analytics Operations to refine reports and products
• Assist with Devon’s ad valorem tax reporting obligations & payments in a timely & accurate manner
• Assist with various tax and non tax special projects as assigned
• Research issues, strategies, and tax planning ideas as opportunities to reduce or minimize taxes
• Assist with the analysis of company property values
• Assist with negotiating and approving Ad Valorem tax assessments with state and local tax authorities.
• Represent business units in administrative appeal hearings of Ad Valorem taxes
• Provide analysis & due diligence support for company acquisition & divestiture activities
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Ad Valorem tax regulations
• Prepare Ad Valorem tax information for special projects
• Represent Devon in industry groups, government affairs, and community outreach programs
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Management, Management Information Systems, or Marketing or commensurate experience required. A minimum of 12-hours in accounting or finance are required.
• Requires experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint as well as oil & gas industry experience.
• Data source, extraction, and data warehouse experience preferred
• Advanced level computer skills with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365; skillful with Microsoft Access, Excel, SharePoint, and Visio
• Self-motivated with ability to work with immediate supervision in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Able to travel as required
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes and practice safe work habits at all times
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at
Devon Energy Corporation, an independent energy company, is engaged primarily in the exploration, development, and production of oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The company holds interests in various properties located in Anadarko Basin, Barnett Shale, Mississippian-Woodford Trend, Permian Basin, Rockies, and other regions in the United States. It also owns oil and gas properties in Canada. As of December 31, 2013, the company had 701 MMBoe of proved undeveloped reserves. It also operates approximately 24,000 wells. In addition, Devon Energy Corporation offers marketing and midstream services, such as gathering, compression, treating, processing, fractionation, and marketing services to the company and other third parties. Devon Energy Corporation was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.