UI Engineer, Design Technologist -Mobile
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
UI Engineer, Look Ahead Product Design
UI Engineers at Xfinity Mobile will serve a critical role accelerating the creation of breakthrough design, identifying opportunities for proof-of-concept efforts, and bridging the Design and Engineering organizations. UI Engineers are responsible for owning the hypothesis and tangible answers to could we even do that? in the form of high-fidelity prototypes and through the creation of tooling and code. They identify and refine design concepts through technical and creative insight; investigate existing capabilities, recommend potential platform and technology partnerships, and help transfer code and ideas between design and engineering.
You are the kind of person that harnesses their passion and curiosity to make brilliant ideas come to life. You will help define best practices and create scalable MVP solutions for multiple types of technologies and platforms. UI Engineers partner directly with our UX, Product, and technology teams to conceptualize and define new customer and service experience. As part of the Look Ahead team, you'll be challenged to use the full extent of your skills. You'll learn and build new ones. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, while having a lasting impact on some exceptional and unconventional product experiences.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in the fundamentals of mobile application platforms (android and iOS) is required.
- Experience with industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Industry standards for building user interface (accessibility, responsive design, grid, performance)
- Understanding the design process in modern software organizations (wireframes, click-throughs, mocks, prototypes of all levels of fidelity)
- A deep passion for both code and creativity
- Familiarity with Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, or After Effects
- Familiarity with usability testing and preparing testable artifacts
- Familiarity with Git
- A curiosity and understanding of chat bot and AI technologies.
This role specifically requires
- 5 years creating front end experiences in a design-heavy environment, either as a member of the design team or a Front-end Engineer working closely with Designers
- Experience developing sophisticated UI prototypes
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Design, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
To really catch our attention, you might offer
- A portfolio of creative, beautiful, and compelling user interface prototypes
- Fluency in UI tech beyond a single platform
- Experience or strength in visual and/or interaction design
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://www.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.