Dollar Tree, Inc
Chesapeake, VA, United States
It, Customer Service, Help Desk
Nov 19, 2021
Mar 04, 2022
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Technical Support Specialist will provide second level technical and operational support for the installation, maintenance, documentation, and technical support of enterprise software applications and hardware.
• Responsible for the setup, installation, maintenance, support, repair/replacement and physical moves of all company provided user hardware, including desktop PC systems, laptops, printers, multi-function devices, and scanners (with the exception of Telecom hardware).
• Conduct refresh/replacement project for all user hardware beyond its useful life expectancy.
• Support the setup, installation, maintenance, and repair/replacement of all company provided iPads for all Chesapeake and field associates that is performed by an outside contractor.
• Responsible for user software installation, removal, maintenance and support for all SSC and field users.
• Manage incidents and requests via ServiceNow to ensure service level agreements (SLA) are met.
• Document ServiceNow incidents and requests to provide accurate data for reporting.
• Assist with hardware and software products, including installation, testing, documentation and technical support for the applications programming, computer operations and enterprise end user communities.
• Analyze and resolve application and system problems quickly and efficiently; maintaining manual and automated documentation, procedures, etc. that support these tasks.
• Manage and perform on-going maintenance of hardware and software systems, utilizing internal and external resources.
• Identify cause and corrective actions for hardware/software problems at the enterprise; performing corrective action when necessary and placing service calls when appropriate.
• Perform 2nd Level operational and technical support, providing hands-on assistance to SSC and field users.
• Be proactive in recommending improvements in procedures that will increase the efficiency of the facility and staff members in regards to IT related technical issues and processes.
• Support the Remote IS Support Specialists working at all Distribution Centers with special technical requirements and assistance they may need from the SSC Technical Services Group.
• Provide hands-on technical support for all company meetings, including; board meetings, stockholder meetings, field user meetings and associate training sessions, both in the SSC and off-site locations.
• Work closely with the Facilities team in coordinating physical moves within departments requiring user equipment to be relocated.
• Maintain a high level of communications with SSC IT staff.
• Coordinate with other divisions within the Dollar Tree IT Department as necessary to fulfill primary responsibilities.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing positive rapport with end users to enhance the perception of the IT function.
• Provide evening and weekend coverage to manage special needs, procedures and emergencies as appropriate.
• Assist the Manager of Technical Services with special projects that may be assigned.
• Education: HS Diploma Required, Associate’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent experience desired.
• Experience: Minimum of 3 year experience in supporting various end users with hardware and software including procedural problems. Must have experience with supporting devices in a network environment.
• Licensure/Certifications: Prefer one or more of the following: CompTIA A , Network , or Security• Key Competencies: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Strong troubleshooting skills a must. Must be able to work autonomously and participate in team activities. Must be customer service oriented. This position works (5) 8 hour days and may require overtime.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of IT devices to a height of 3-4 feet. Must be able to bend, kneel, and sit properly to setup IT equipment under and on top of desks in offices and cubicles.
Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination required. Request for medical or religious accommodation must be made prior to the start date
Auto Req ID:
500 Volvo Parkway
Process Level/Store #:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS (FIELD)