This position requires a technically trained and self-motivated individual who can quickly and successfully identify and resolve a high degree of technical and analytical problems through telephone diagnostics.
Performs and directs high-level on-line and remote diagnostics (possibly with the assistance of an experienced technician within the department)
required to maintain customer satisfaction.
2. Interfaces with Technical Support leadership as required.
3. Solicits information from other departments relative to Customer Support/Satisfaction.
4. Responsible for the sale of consumable items and non-contract technical services.
5. Prepares documentation to support diagnostic needs.
6. Analyzes new and existing product trends affecting Customer Support/Satisfaction.
7. Provides technical input and solutions relative to field service, training, sales and customer requirements.
8. Participates in procedural planning as required.
9. Generates reports as required.
10. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Work time: Monday thru Friday, rotating start time between 8 am to 10 am - 8 hours each day.
Minimum two-year degree or equivalent course experience in computer science/equipment or electronics.
Two to three years experience in field service/support. Minimum of 1 year telephone diagnostic/troubleshooting experience preferred.
Proven oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
Previous technical sales experience.
Knowledge of LAN/Ethernet required.
Proficient keyboarding skills.
Strong background in hardware, software, terminal emulation, and SCSI devices.
Proven strength in UNIX or Windows based operating system.
Capable of troubleshooting to resolution most problems with products supported.
Must be self-motivated to keep current with technology.
Ability to work overtime as required, travel occasionally, rotate shifts, and work holidays/Saturdays as required.
Website : http://www.snapon.com
Snap-on Incorporated is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, equipment, diagnostics, repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products and services include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions for vehicle dealerships and repair centers, as well as for customers in industries, including aviation and aerospace, agriculture, construction, government and military, mining, natural resources, power generation and technical education. Snap-on also derives income from various financing programs to facilitate the sales of its products. Products and services are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct, distributor and internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is a $3.1 billion, S&P 500 company headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin.