Knife River Construction-Northern CA Stockton Div.
Stockton, CA, United States
Construction, Engineering, Esh, Manager
Jan 12, 2022
Apr 27, 2022
This position is responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses at an operational region, area or company level.
1. *Plans, implements, administers and coordinates programs to reduce or eliminate
occupational injuries, illnesses, and financial losses.
2. *Identifies and evaluates conditions which could lead to accidents and financial
losses and recommends corrective action(s).
3. *Conducts or directs research to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing
potential of a given system, operation or process.
4. *Compiles, analyzes, and interprets statistical data and prepares reports.
5. * In coordination with Risk Management and Human Resource (where applicable)
department, manage and monitor work comp, other general and auto liability
insurance claims. Analyze loss runs and design safety initiatives to address areas
6. *Ensures compliance with company safety policies, corporate safety initiatives,
state, local and federal regulations.
7. *Be proactive in creating a stronger safety culture by undertaking initiatives to
improve company safety.
8. *Develops and implements accident-prevention loss control systems and programs.
9. *Coordinates safety activities with management to ensure implementation
throughout the organization.
10. *Devises methods to evaluate safety program and audits safety compliance.
11. *Strive to reduce accidents and injuries by providing communication, training and
12. *Notify and train employees on company safety policies.
13. *Troubleshoot and problem solve safety related situations/problems (material
quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss safety related
production problems with team-members and managers/supervisors.
14. *Maintain liaison with outside organizations to assure information exchange and
15. *Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management
and participates in activities of related organizations to update knowledge of safety
16. Stay informed of safety related regulations, rules or laws impacting the construction
industry. Provide technical advice of the impact in the operational divisions.
17. Keep involved with governing agencies at ground level on new laws. Participate in
providing feedback on the development of new regulations. Participate on available
agency subcommittees as appropriate.
18. *Compare benchmarks; monitor inspections (OSHA and MSHA); address public
19. *Ensure MSHA, OSHA, EPA, DNR,DOT safety and environmental (where applicable)
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree in safety, construction, engineering, human resources or other
appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of experience.
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience in management of health and safety programs for
industry, a regulatory government agency or similar organization or significant
industry experience with strong safety focus/record.
3. Must possess a valid state driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.
1. Strong working knowledge of health and safety regulations related to construction
2. General knowledge of insurance and financial matters related to health and safety
3. Working knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet
or presentation software.
4. Working knowledge of construction materials equipment and operations.
5. Certified trainer or significant training experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical with GENEROUS Employer contributions * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Long Term Disability * Profit Sharing *
401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206-0099
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Knife River Construction-Northern CA Stockton Div.