Fresno, CA, United States
Oct 05, 2020
Jan 18, 2021
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Job:\u202f Landscape Gardener
Job Code:\u202f 164 - PR-Landscape Gardener
HR Title Group: Commercial Contracts (Custodial & Landscape)
Salary Grade: N14
FLSA Status:\u202f Non-Exempt
Approval Date:\u202f September 2020
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under close supervision, the Landscape Gardener installs and maintains landscaped areas, roads, and parking lots of assigned facilities. Employees in this job perform work to assure grounds are maintained in safe and pristine condition. This job class requires knowledge of landscaping practices, procedures, supplies and equipment and the ability to perform landscaping job functions in a safe and timely manner.
1. *Performs landscape maintenance activities and improvement projects at customer locations.
2. * Mows lawns, trims hedges and shrubs, maintains overall appearance of landscape vegetation and grounds.
3. * Applies fertilizer, weed killer, and necessary pesticides, pulls weeds, and maintains flower beds.
4. * Picks up trash, leaves, and provides a clean and neat appearance of the grounds.
5. * Monitors and maintains irrigation systems to ensure that vegetation is properly irrigated.
6. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- A minimum of one year of experience in landscaping is preferred;
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance standards and techniques, materials, and the safe and proper use of chemicals preferred;
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from team, customers and others;
- Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
- Human relations skills to maintain effective working relationships with team;
- Effective customer service skills.
High School Diploma or GED
The following licenses or certificates may be required depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:\u202f
Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
\u2022 Standing, and/or walking
\u2022 Bending and stooping
\u2022 Exposure to toxic substances
\u2022 Exposure to wind, rain, cold, and heat
\u2022 Noise from equipment
\u2022 Lifting 35 lbs. regularly
\u202fMajority of work is performed outside at job sites subject to weather conditions in an environment using landscaping tools and equipment. Travel between worksites may be required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor\u2019s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at\u202fwww.prideindustries.com.PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor\u2019s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Website : http://www.prideindustries.com