Clinton Township, MI, United States
Administrative, Healthcare, Nursing
Nov 19, 2020
Mar 04, 2021
Pediatric Medical Office Assistant Clinton Township Days FT Children's Hospital of Michigan','!*!
NOTE: Refer to Medical Office Assistant Scope of Practice addendum,
Under general supervision, and according to established policies and
procedures, performs the duties of a Medical Assistant and Patient Services
Assistant for assigned area. Greets visitors, registers patients, contacts
various insurance providers and schedules patients according to established
guidelines. Assist physician or physician extender with patient examination
by preparing exam room, taking vital signs, assisting during exam, etc.
1. Greets visitors, answers telephones and directs calls and visitors to
appropriate place or person.
2. Registers patients for outpatient services. Obtains necessary
demographic, insurance and related data according to policies and
3. Contacts various insurance providers to determine benefit levels and
patient co-pays, as needed. Collected and posts payments and prepares daily
deposits for monies received.
4. Pulls and prepares patient charts prior to appointment. Files notes,
prescriptions, face sheets and other documentation in medical record.
Copies and releases medical record information, as needed.
5. Assists physician with patient examinations by preparing exam room,
helping to move or position patients for procedures, handling instruments,
6. Takes vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and weight.
Documents patient's reason for visit and vital signs in patient's chart.
7. May perform any of the following medical procedures: giving
non-intravenous injections, venipuncture, performing EKG's, assisting with
stress tests, routine x-rays, PFT's, and other related activities.
8. Obtains referrals and schedules patient's appointments or procedures
according to guidelines.
9. Enters, reviews, researches and corrects computerized records of patient
billing information. Provides billing company with companies of all
payments and rejections.
10. Performs various other support duties such as preparing laboratory
slips or statistical data, typing various correspondence, training new
11. Follows established policies and procedures to meet minimum like safety
standards of JCAHO/OSHA. Actively participates in all safety training
including but not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and annual
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. PCA/PCT Program
b. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctor's
office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
d. EMT program.
e. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred.
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or Patient
Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office clerical (e.g.
insurance verification, authorizations, medical billing, EMR usage) duties
in a doctor's office or related area.
6. Medical Assistant certification preferred.
1. Analytical ability necessary to handle patient problems, review and
verify insurance information, research billing problems and compile data
for statistical reports.
2. Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients,
physicians and other personnel.
3. Some mental/visual strain due to posting of payments, reviewing
insurance information, etc.
4. Technical knowledge of blood pressure techniques.
','Phlebotomy/Blood/Medical Asst','MI-Clinton Township','','DMC Children's Hospital of Michigan','Full-time','Full-time','Days','Days','','','','','','','2005037639','Pediatric Medical Office Assistant Clinton Township Days FT Children's Hospital of Michigan
Website : http://www.tenethealth.com