Metropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife
Aurora, IL, United States
Jan 07, 2021
Apr 22, 2021
Jan 5, 2021
Aurora, IL, US, 60504
Bridgewater, NJ, US, 8807
Dallas, TX, US, 75240
Tampa, FL, US, 33647
Alternate Job Location:
Bridgewater, NJ; Tampa, FL; Dallas, TX
Role Value Proposition:
Coordinates workflow and provides technical expertise in the creation of timely, accurate, thorough, professional, and fully-developed proposals, offering product expertise to sales in pursuit of business for employer groups with 5,000 employees.
Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational, project management, writing and communication skills, and the ability to work on multiple complex proposals simultaneously. Previous experience in the employee benefits marketplace and/or knowledge of the proposal process required.
• Provides high quality, professional proposal packages to sales by delivering timely, accurate, well-worded, concise, thorough and fully developed responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
• Provides focused and accurate case-specific responses for inclusion in proposal packages by accessing question and answer databases, conducting research with product and functional experts, and scripting responses to inquiries based on input from Subject Matter Experts.
• Contributes to the acquisition of new business by understanding sales strategies and providing proposal packages that support the strategies and client needs.
• Provides superior service to customers, brokers, and sales by supporting the significant role that a timely and well packaged proposal response plays in making exchange sales.
• Coordinates the preparation and delivery of information required from other internal areas to be used in proposal packages; ensure that delivery is timely and information provided is accurate and responsive to the customer needs.
• Protects MetLife's legal position by making sure all information in proposal packages accurately reflects current capabilities and complies with legal and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
• Ensures proposal quality through assurance reviews; uses reviews to identify trends, training needs, and opportunities for improvement; provides input to management on skills and competencies of personnel.
• Participates in training programs; engages in the development of procedures and guidelines to enhance the exchange RFP process and communicates these internally.
• Provides critical resource support to the administrative units during peak seasons through involvement in interdisciplinary functions, including implementation of new business, account management, contract preparation and review, and underwriting.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
High school diploma
3-5 years of relevant business experience
Strong writing and project management skills.
Excellent time management and other organizational skills.
Strong analytical and research skills.
Ability to problem solve and think outside of the box when there is no clear-cut answer.
Strong communication, influencing, and negotiation skills.
Effective relationship building capabilities.
PC skills and proficiency with common business software.
5-7 years of relevant business experience
Prior Insurance knowledge or financial services background
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 115747
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company - MetLife
Website : https://www.metlife.com