Chesapeake, VA, United States
Jun 26, 2020
Oct 09, 2020
Macy's Greenbrier Mall, Chesapeake, VA: Store Manager','71174761','!*!Job Overview:
As a Store Manager, you will drive sales and selling with focus on the Macy’s customer using My Macy’s Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC. All storewide activities related to selling/service, merchandising, sales promotion, store maintenance, expense management, shortage prevention and sales support functions are under your direction. With training, coaching and development, a team of Executives will grow following your leadership. Perform other duties as assigned
• Drive sales by driving a customer centric selling culture through My Macy’s Initiatives, Omni Channel Strategies and MAGIC.
• Develop team of executives through coaching, follow-up and recognition.
• Ensure Executive team adheres to Black Box Report process; support action plans focusing on deficient areas.
• Determine business-driving opportunities by leading and participating in store-focused Deep Dives.
• Effectively communicate merchandise needs to District Merchant and Planning team in support of My Macy’s.
• Ensure consistent execution of merchandise presentation, sales and event set-up, sizing, pricing and signing standards.
• Strengthen attendance and weekend hours compliance among staff.
• Coach Executive team to deliver Associate Star Reward application goals by reinforcing new account benefits.
• Provide leadership in delivery of all Company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team.
• Establish high-level of shortage awareness and effectiveness; ensure implementation of all policies and procedures.
• Coach Associates and Executives to consistently deliver selling behaviors resulting in high CRL engagement rate.
• Coach Sales Managers to actively coach their Associates using the weekly Associate Scorecard metrics (Volume, IPT, AS, Loyalty) and engaging with Associates through formal & informal observations by focusing on selling behaviors.
• Review and utilize all scorecards, including Selling Area Scorecard, and Associate observations; provide constructive feedback to Sales Managers and identify areas of opportunity.
• Celebrate and recognize selling successes; coach store team to continually improve selling performance.
• Ensure “Executive in Charge” (EIC) presence throughout the store.
• Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy-to-shop store environment.
• Recruit a qualified team of selling-focused Executives; build a bench for future advancements and promotions.
• Ensure required Associate & Executive training is conducted on a timely basis; ensure assigned mentors engage with new hires.
• Build a recognition culture by executing the Macy’s recognition program with energizing, engaging storewide rallies.
• Actively fill open positions, prioritizing internal Associates in Commission, Specialist and High Level selling areas.
• Hold Sales Managers accountable for conducting weekly coaching sessions with Sales Associates.
• Conduct ongoing Talent Analysis of Associates and Executives; establish career progression plans for key players and positions in order to match best talent resulting in retention of best people and turnover reduction.
• Utilize review process as a tool for Executive talent development, promotion and advancement.
• Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer Responsibility Based Performance as needed.
• Lead team to support giving back to the local community, helping create stronger, healthier places to live and work.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of retail management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
• Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Strong leadership profile and excellent negotiation skills.
• Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams.
• Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team of managers.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.','','United States-Virginia-Chesapeake','Store Management','Macy's Greenbrier Mall, Chesapeake, VA: Store Manager
Website : http://www.macys.com