SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
5 yrs required
Ladera Ranch, CA, United States
Description: Primary responsibilities will include supporting the current legal team with respect to board meetings, SEC filings and generate corporate governance matters. Some assistance on real estate transactions may also be required, such as providing notary services or assisting with closings.
· Assist with the coordination of all board meeting logistics (preparation of board books, agendas, actions, resolutions and draft minutes).
· Handle select SEC filings and requirements (Section 16 and 8-Ks, as well as support with respect to the preparation of 10-Qs, 10-Ks and proxies)
· Prepare and collect director and officer questionnaires; review returned questionnaires for complete responses; identify and follow up on any issues.
· Maintain corporate records and provide general corporate housekeeping support, including entity formation, dissolution, registrations and related compliance matters.
· Manage and support corporate legal and governance projects.
· Perform corporate and legal research and analysis as needed.
· Perform notary services for corporation and all business units.
· Provide other corporate governance and secretarial team support.
Qualification and Experience:
· At least five years paralegal experience, with a strong preference for prior experience in both a corporate legal department as well as a large law firm.
· Knowledge and understanding of corporate secretarial practices, public company practices and an understanding of corporate governance practices and necessities.
· Experience with board of directors meetings and related coordination, including communication with board members, scheduling meetings and preparing minutes.
· Blue sky filing experience preferred but not required.
· Real estate background preferred but not required.
· California Notary Public certification.
· SEC reporting (Section 16, 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and proxy).
· Experienced problem-solver, demonstrating ability to work independently and proactively.
· Ability to control a high volume and complex work load by prioritizing work flow; ability to meet deadlines with a minimum of direct supervision.
· Keen attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; willingness to adapt to, and master, changing technology.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and telephone skills.
· Comfort interacting professionally with all levels of management, including the Board of Directors and C-level executives.
· Ability to deal with sensitive issues professionally, diplomatically and confidentially.
SmartStop Asset Management, LLC
Website : https://www.smartstopassetmanagement.com
SmartStop is a diversified real estate company focused on self storage, student housing and senior housing assets. The company has approximately $1.8 billion of real estate assets under management, including 127 self storage facilities located throughout the United States and Toronto, Canada, comprised of approximately 80,000 units and 9.4 million rentable square feet. SmartStop’s real estate portfolio also includes five student housing communities with approximately 2,800 beds and 1.1 million square feet of space, as well as four senior housing communities with approximately 650 beds and 500,000 rentable square feet of space. SmartStop is the sponsor of three public non-traded REITs: Strategic Storage Trust IV, Inc., and Strategic Storage Trust II, Inc., both focused on self storage assets, and Strategic Student & Senior Housing Trust, Inc. focused on student and senior housing assets. SmartStop is also a national sponsor of Section 1031 exchange offerings using the Delaware statutory trust structure. More information regarding SmartStop® Self Storage in the United States and Canada is available at website.