New York Life Insurance Company
New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life’s surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A ; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA . (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
The solution engineer
will be a Senior technical resource in the application team that develops and supports applications pertaining to NYL Securities and NYL Eagle Advisors business units. We are looking for a hands-on developer with extensive experience in Microsoft .NET Technology stack. The resource must act as a subject matter expert in assigned functional domain, technologies and applications. The resource must be open minded with ability to learn new tools and technologies related to app development within the Insurance Technology domain.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field preferred.
• 8 years experience with design and development in Microsoft .NET technology stack in a Technical Lead and/or Senior Developer roles.
• Proficient in Windows application development using C#.NET or VB.NET.
• Proficient in Web application development using ASP.NET.
• Translate functional requirements into high-level technical designs.
• Hands-on development experience is required.
• Experience with SOA, web services, REST, SOAP, JSON, XML.
• Must have 5 years’ experience with MS SQL Server database design and development (2008 R2/ 2012).
• 3 years’ experience of ETL development using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Experience with Siebel CRM (8.1) is a plus but not required i.e. Development of web services, business services, business components and customizations.
• Experience with OnBase is a plus but not required i.e. Implement workflow processes in OnBase and creating Unity Scripts.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
Based on revenue as reported by “Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual),” Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company’s long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company’s profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.
New York Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.newyorklife.com/
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life insurer in the US has branched out a bit, it retains its core business: life insurance and annuities. Its products include long-term care insurance and special group policies sold through AARP and other affinity groups and professional associations. New York Life Investments' offerings include mutual funds for individuals and investment management services for institutional investors. Through New York Life International, the firm provides life policies in overseas markets. Founded in 1841, New York Life is owned by its policyholders.