Data Scientist, Senior Manager
Data Scientist, Senior Manager
No. of Positions
Grow your career at CVS Health where you can bring your intellectual curiosity, innovation and analytic mindset to a higher level. Weare the customer's partner on their personalized path to better health. We truly understand and anticipate their unique needs and motivations. We are passionate about building an elite loyalty program that delivers highly relevant experiences that inspire you to choose CVS for your everyday health and beauty needs.
CVS Health is seeking a Sr. Manager of Data Science join its Loyalty & Personalization team. You will drive work streams by developing business solutions using big data advanced analytical tools and techniques for enhancing customer loyalty and growth. You will create analytical engines to drive customer targeting, segmentation, investment optimization, customer profitability (CLV) and multi-channel campaign lever optimization (e.g., propensity modeling) and continuously enhancing analytical tools and processes.You will play an integral role on a team reshaping customer centric thinking and execution across the enterprise. The Sr. Manager of Data Science will report to the Director of Loyalty & Personalization, with consistent exposure and engagement with the Sr. Director and VP levels.
* Use data and analytics to identify and develop innovative and out-of-the-box analytical solutions to support personalization strategies across customer cohorts, to include targeting, segmentation, offer optimization, multi-channel contact cadence, messaging, etc.
* Lead development of advanced analytical solutions using applied statistical techniques, such as: linear regression,factor analysis, logistic regression, generalized linear models, tree models (CHAID, CART, MART), correspondence and cluster analysis, survival analysis,attrition/retention modeling. Practical application of these techniques in a retail/loyalty marketing setting preferred.
* Partner with cross functional leads on customer growth and execution teams to launch these strategies and close loop performance management.
* Demonstrate analytics to support next generation loyalty program design
* Owns execution and delivery of analytical projects and insights to internal business partners and presenting to the leadership
* Utilize modeling software, data management and system requirements, scoring process, and predictive model output integration into business systems
* Evaluates/develops, tools, methodologies or infrastructure building capability and cultivating innovation
* Helps and directs others on projects, including project management, business problem solving, mentorship on methodologies and quality assurance of results
* Lead a team of 1 to 2 data scientists and analytical vendor/partner resources, guiding them in the analytical process and solution development and integration with personalization plans, as well as merchandising strategies and decisions.
Location - State/City
IL - Northbrook
* Educational background in a quantitative field (e.g., math, statistics, economics, operations research) coupled with strong business insight
* Experience with broad variety of analytic tools, with deep expertise in customer life cycle management, advanced analytics and machine learning techniques
* Experience with wide variety of Advanced Analytics techniques; statistical analysis skills strongly preferred; Deep SQL
knowledge and experience is a requirement
* Strong knowledge of big data systems, tools and technologies (e.g., SAS, Tableau, Aster, Hardoop)
Strong problem structuring and solving skills - including data structuring, quantitative reasoning, and implications
* Demonstrated capability to deliver work and provide positive leadership in dynamic, multi-project team-oriented
environment. Flexible and can tolerate ambiguity and still operate effectively
* Strong communications skills (both verbal and written), with experience presenting to audience across all levels (technical and non-technical)
* Fluent in translating high-level business goals into technical specs and communicating low-level technical concerns about implementation back to business leaders.
Job Type (Expected Hours Category)
2211 Sanders Road
BA/BS. MS/PHD/MBA preferred.
Clinical Licensure Required
5 years experience in customer analysis and insight development, customer behavioral analytics, database marketing, marketing research or related
3 years of Analytic team management/ leadership
experience, with demonstrated growth and progression
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
Job Reference #:
CVS Caremark (NYSE: CVS), headquartered in Woonsocket, RI, is the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States with integrated offerings across the entire spectrum of pharmacy care. Through our unique suite of assets, we are reinventing pharmacy to offer innovative solutions that help people on their path to better health. We are focused on enhancing access to care, lowering overall health care costs for plan members and payors, and improving health outcomes.