AMETEK, Inc. is seeking an action-oriented individual to fulfill the Production Planner position at their Lancaster Plant. Reporting to the Operations Manager this individual is responsible for interfacing with Sales, Technical Services, and Production to achieve on-time delivery of a quality product.
1. Reviews information provided and creates the Work Order including identifying the starting material and the order acknowledgement date.
2. Conducts frequent multi-disciplinary meetings to review the order backlog to achieve short-range shipping objectives.
3. Responsible for coordinating the work centers schedules with the shop floor supervisors to ensure product shipments are made in accordance with customer requirements.
4. Conducts weekly raw material planning meetings with Purchasing to ensure an adequate supply of raw material is available for future orders.
5. Provides support to HPM’s Sales Department by answering question regarding lead times, order status, or rescheduling of orders to meet the ever changing needs of the customers or due to changes in the Production Operations.
6. Maintains the monthly Shipping Schedule report including providing information to be used for forecasting monthly and quarterly Sales.
7. Adds unplanned operations to Work Orders as required.
8. Assures that inventories are properly maintained and accounted for.
9. Participates in assigned company strategic planning or improvement projects.
10. Establishes and maintains effective communications between all levels of supervision, departments, and management.
11. Responsible for duties and functions specifically described in the Hamilton Precision Metals Quality System documentation.
12. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
• 2 years of experience planning operations using an ERP system
• 2 years of advanced experience in Microsoft office (excel and access must)
• Proven problem-solving capabilities (Greenbelt/Blackbelt or lean certification ideal)
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, Industrial Management or Engineering preferred
• A minimum of five years experience in planning production of a metals operation similar to Hamilton Precision Metals, Inc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Website : http://www.ametek.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion. AMETEK has nearly 14,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 80 sales and service locations across the United States and in more than 30 other countries around the world.