Apartment Maintenance Tech','!*!Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment? Aimco currently has an opening for a Maintenance Technician at Meadow Creek Apartments in Boulder, CO!About AimcoWhen you work at Aimco, you work alongside some of the most devoted and steadfast team members in the business. We are dedicated to our residents and to each other. Aimco provides our team members with the tools to help you achieve your career goals. As a top owner and operator of apartment homes across the country, we differentiate ourselves from the competition by ensuring every resident is happy, comfortable, and at home. Aimco is dedicated to serving our residents, and making everyone feel at home. As such, we are is a seven-day a week operation and our Maintenance Technicians must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule (days, weekends, nights) based on the needs of the business. Additionally, our Maintenance Technicians participate in our on-call rotation and need to respond to the property within 30 minutes of an emergency call. To ensure our properties are maintained at the highest level, you will need to:Respond to and fulfill maintenance requestsProvide exceptional customer service Follow up on unresolved issues and ensure a quick resolutionWork directly with residents and team members to diagnose, assess and repair issuesActively participate in specialty maintenance projects and property upkeepEnsure the property’s curb appeal is top notch by maintaining the cleanliness of the grounds Qualifications to keep our communities running:Experience with two or more areas of technical trade, such as: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and/or landscapingThe ability and desire to be a team-player, under the direction of the Maintenance ManagerThe ability to prioritize and manage your daily workload to ensure successful completion in a timely mannerAn eye for detail to efficiently turn our apartment homesThe ability to effectively communicate in EnglishAn aptitude for working with your handsThe desire to begin and grow a career in apartment maintenanceA positive attitude BenefitsOur team members take care of us and we take care of them. As a team member, we offer a range of benefits to strengthen your health and wellbeing with insurance packages, wellness programs, paid vacation and sick time, and even time off to give back to your community.
Maintenance, Service Tech, Apartment Maintenance, Service Technician, Apartment Service Tech, Apartment Maintenance Tech, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Appliance Repair, Entry Level Maintenance, basic plumbing, basic electrical, handyman, custodian, porter, Entry Level maintenance tech, entry level maintenance tech, maintenance helper, Apartment Service Requests, plumbing, Carpentry, electrical, appliance repair, appliances, garbage disposal, washer & dryer, dishwasher, Building maintenance, Residential, hotel, Field Engineer, hotel maintenance, Field Service Tech, janitorial, janitor, faucets, sinks, turnovers, property technician, faucets, troubleshoot, troubleshooting, remodel apartment, apartment make ready, apartment turnover, apartment turns, properties, property, sweating pipe, heating, cooling, air conditioning, electrical fixtures, turn/make ready, Property Technician, property management, drywall, preventative maintenance, General Contractor, Remodel, Self- employed, handyman, Lowes, Home Depot, Janitor, Construction, Groundskeeper, Property','!*!
With minimal guidance, completes resident requested repairs and service. Proficient skills in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, and appliance repair. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills at all times including being friendly, maintaining impeccably clean work areas, and effectively communicating with all residents and Aimco team members. Reports to Service Manager on-site.
- Typical independent assignments may include, but not limited to: troubleshoots, repairs, or replaces HVAC equipment and controls; installs, repairs, and replaces all plumbing fixtures, piping, and systems; troubleshoots, replaces, and installs new electrical fixtures, switches, breakers, and receptacles; prepares and finishes all interior and exterior surfaces; moves, installs, repairs, replaces household appliances; installs, repairs, and replaces drywall, counters, and cabinetry; all groundskeeping tasks; troubleshoots and repairs pool equipment.
- Provides functional/technical direction and training to Service Technicians and support the development of technical skills.
- Executes Unit Turn activities as directed including compliance to standards and schedule.
- Responsible for the appropriate application of materials and methods per Aimco product standards and established guidelines.
- Assists with managing vendor quality to ensure the quality of each turn is in keeping with Operational standards.
- Provides exceptional customer service to address the needs of residents in a friendly and professional manner.
Education and Experience:
- 3 years related experience
- EPA or other certifications may be required
- Demonstrate appropriate use of standard hand and power tools
- Proficient technology and computer skills, specifically use of all Aimco business systems
- Intermediate level understanding and experience in all basic trades or advanced understanding and experience in 2 or more basic trades
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to climb stairs while pulling dolly.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder.
- Lift 85 lbs and utilize variety of tools to perform maintenance.
- May travel to other communities.','US-CO-Boulder','','Meadow Creek','Meadow Creek','Adam J Olsen','5131 Williams Fork Trail, Boulder, CO 80301','5131 Williams Fork Trail, Boulder, CO 80301','Full-time','Standard','Maintenance','Apartment Maintenance Tech
Website : http://www.aimco.com
Aimco was ranked 19th on the Denver Post's 2014 list of the Top Workplaces in Colorado..Aimco is a real estate investment trust that is focused on the ownership and management of quality apartment communities located in the largest markets in the United States. Aimco is one of the country's largest owners and operators of apartments, with 252 communities in 23 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. The company’s shares are list on the S&P 500 and are publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol AIV. Property Operations is the heart and soul of Aimco. As one of the largest owners and operators of apartment communities in the United States, we are dedicated to ensuring that every aspect of our communities is run professionally, with the utmost respect for your happiness and safety.