HCA Management Services, LP
New Orleans, LA, United States
_Medical Technologist - BMT Lab - Downtown Campus - PRN_
Come make the move of a lifetime, living and working in exciting and historic New
Orleans! Learn More about living in New Orleans Here.
Practicing on medicine’s leading-edge is a rare opportunity indeed. You can do it every
day at Tulane, one of the most acclaimed teaching, research, and medical centers in the
country. Learn more about what our employees have to say about working at Tulane
Medical Center http://bit.ly/2fdd9Ts.
See more about HCA and our commitment to helping others:Above all else: HCA teams come together in response to hurricanes Harvey and Irma
_About Tulane Lakeside Hospital_
For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery.
Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job.
As a member of our family, you can be assured of:
* A safe place to work.
* Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties.
* Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility.
* A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings.
* Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring a*Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist*.
Under the direction of the Medical Laboratory Manager, theMedical Technologist (Medical Laboratory Scientist)performs routine and complex testing on body fluids and exudates from patients to provide information for diagnosing and combating diseases. This position demonstrates a thorough knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices.
Primary Job Duties:
* Perform chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic and other medical laboratory tests and examinations to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease; record determination and results for review by physician.
* Set up and operate manual and automatic laboratory equipment, instruments and apparatus required for specific laboratory tests. Performs routine maintenance d troubleshooting steps on automated equipment to assure proper functioning.
* Performs quality control and calibration procedures; reviews and reports data.
* Reviews pending logs and assures smooth transition of workflow and /or problems before leaving work area.
Qualifications for Medical Technologist / Medical Laboratory Scientist:
* Licensure/Certification/Registration: LA state license and ASCP certification eligible
* Education: Bachelors degree or appropriate documentation of ASCP certification as a Medical Technologist
* Experience: Graduation from an approved Medical Technology program
* Special qualifications:Must be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period. Demonstrated knowledge of laboratory medicine techniques and practices. Demonstrated education and clinical training in the practice of laboratory medicine
* *Hours of work: *
Title: Medical Technologist - PRN
Location: Louisiana-New Orleans-Tulane Medical Center
Requisition ID: 02560-15890
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.