Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Fort Mill, SC, United States
Logistics, Operations, Marketing, Transportation, Internship
Nov 19, 2020
Mar 04, 2021
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Logistics Analyst Intern to join our Logistics group for the next 12 months! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• The Logistics Analyst internship will be for a full year, student must be enrolled in school and able to work for a year
• This position will focus primarily on items for the company's logistics department in warehouse and transportation operations
• Audit transportation carrier detention and demurrage invoices and create monthly accrual file
• Create weekly warehouse throughput forecast
• Track and report detention / demurrage KPIs monthly, suggest actions to alleviate risks and costs
• Create monthly report on overage tires to scrap
• Compile weekly DC snapshot report to give top management an overview/summary of warehousing situation
• Weekly review of throughput volumes
• Will work with transportation management on finding lowest total cost transportation solutions, including both sea and land freight.
• Create and update reporting on daily detention/demurrage spend
• Look for innovative and cost¬ savings initiatives in the inbound transportation area.
• Will focus on minimizing detention and demurrage costs for incoming product from both domestic and foreign plants.
• Track warehouse throughput daily
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive Intern Pay
• Hands on Project Experience
• Intern Socials/Mixers
• Monthly Lunch and Learns
• And many more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
•Student currently attending an accredited university working towards a bachelor’s degree in Marketing Analytics, Business Administration, Data Science or another related field
• Able to work at least 20/hrs per week
• Currently enrolled in school for the next 12 months
• 2.8 GPA or higher
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
• High School diploma
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• Ability to work approximately 25-30 hours a week and full-time during summer
• Tableau/Power BI experience
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Continental Tire North America, Inc.
Website : http://www.continentaltire.com