1-3 yrs required
Boss, MO, United States
Apr 12, 2020
If you put safety first and have made it your life’s mission to be a safety expert, you’ll fit in nicely. Safety is our core value and we look to professionals like you to keep us on our toes. We’re an industry leader in mining and metal production. We operate one of the world’s largest lead mining districts and one of the largest single-site lead battery recycling centers. We’re looking for a Safety Supervisor to join over 1,000 people safely working together to provide valuable mineral and metal products to our customers around the globe.
As our Safety Supervisor, you to assist the EHS Manager by supervising health and safety team members and providing safety leadership in the work area to ensure compliance with company policies and federal and state rules and regulations. This position is located in Boss, MO.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
• 5+ years of experience working in safety management, preferably in an industrial facility.
• Extensive knowledge of OSHA safety and health regulations.
• First aid and emergency action experience.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
• Must be team oriented, an effective communicator (verbal and written), able to offer technical expertise and guidance, and build report with department team members and external departments.
Responsibilities of the Safety Supervisor
• Assist in development and implementation of safety & health processes for operations in the metals recycling division.
• Assist in the development and facilitation of safety and health training and policies.
• Monitor and audit facility safety and health performance.
• Investigate safety and health incidents and follow up on corrective actions.
• Report on safety and health measures and metrics to internal and external stakeholders.
• For health and safety team members, supervise, coach, and follow up for work completion.
• Other projects and duties as assigned.
What You Can Expect from Us
• Tremendous growth opportunity
• A company of values: safety, integrity, collaboration, respect, stewardship and sustainability
• Full suite of excellent benefits, including medical, dental and vision starting on first day, plus:
• Long- and short-term disability
• Supplemental life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Company-matching 401(k) plan
• Flexible spending accounts
• Vacation pay bonus
• Profit sharing
• 9 paid Holidays / 2 paid vacations days; Earn up to 3 additional days off per year under Safety Day Program
• On-the-job-training courses
• Employee rewards for meeting/exceeding company goals
• Cell phone (for managers and up) and Laptop
• Tuition reimbursement
• Relocation assistance available
About our Company
We are a metals and mining company with a mission to provide value to our stakeholders and stockholder by delivering a sustainable supply of select minerals, metals and services to meet the needs of a growing world population.
If you want to grow with an industry leader, join this company. Apply now to submit your updated resume for consideration or you can call our recruiter, Teresa at 561-277-1258.
Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer.