Food Lion, LLC
Saratoga Springs, NY, United States
Jan 05, 2021
Apr 20, 2021
Job Title: Deli Service Leader
Perform duties that ensure department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level. Demonstrate a strong culture in support of Hannaford Strategy. Build customer relations and provide enthusiastic customer awareness.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervise performance of all duties and responsibilities of all deli associates as assigned by the deli department manager.
2. Use good judgment in the delegation, assignment, and follow-up required for the efficient performance of the department.
3. Slice, cut, weigh, and package products according to customers’ demands.
4. Perform assigned tasks such as replenishing merchandise, preparation of food products, and setting up displays.
5. Process merchandise properly, paying special attention to rotation of products according to prescribed standards
6. Provide outstanding friendly customer service. Communicate and assist customers on selection of product.
7. Maintain accurate, neat records of production, shrink, sales and inventory.
8. Wash, rinse, and sanitize equipment as outlined by company policies.
9. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observe and follow all company policies and established standard practices.
2. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times and comply with company personal appearance policy.
3. Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervision.
4. Assist in training other associates when assigned.
5. Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
6. Work within our company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain productivity.
7. Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
8. Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
9. Develop product knowledge in all areas of deli department (deli meats, cheese, salads, sandwiches, etc.).
10. Have total understanding of department’s standard practice manual and its intent.
11. Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
12. Maintain the quality of department’s appearance and presentation.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
-Ability to lead and direct others.
-Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills.
-Effective interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
-Must meet minimum age requirements to comply with company policy.
-Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
1. Perform repetitive grasping, hand and arm motions while standing/walking the majority of the shift.
2. Lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.
3. Push/pull 3-15 lbs. frequently.
4. Reach to shoulder level frequently while lifting up to 15 lbs. and overhead on occasion.
5. Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food production.
6. Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use tools to prepare products, operate foot controls, in a timely manner.
7. Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.