The VP of Talent Development will be a proven leader who has experience defining internal development needs, leading strategic organizational design, acquiring and retaining top talent and cultivating an empowering environment. As a business partner to both Store and Central leadership, this individual will create a comprehensive, integrated enterprise-wide talent strategy and execute processes that attract top talent and retain high performers at Bloomingdale’s. The VP of Talent Development will build organizational capability and capacity; strategically shaping the future of Bloomingdale’s and creating a positive business impact through the effective utilization of our workforce. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Sets overall Enterprise wide Talent Development Strategies for Bloomingdale’s:
• Oversees Key Enterprise Talent initiatives: Succession / Retention, Career Planning and Curation, Learning and Development, Organizational Design and Effectiveness
• Develop talent and succession planning processes that identify potential leaders earlier in their careers for customized development, ensures ready now successors for critical roles, and facilitates robust talent reviews to continuously adjust selection and development processes.
• Identify, develop and implement Talent Development strategies that align with our business priorities and core values.
• Consult with business owners to solve business problems through Talent Development Strategies.
• Collaboration across Human Resources on implementation of Talent Development Strategies; critical partnership with VP Peers to ensure alignment of initiatives and goals.
• Develop and define the impact of Talent Development programs across Bloomingdale’s, establish key metrics to assess value and impact.
• Lead a team that builds an organizational commitment to talent and leadership development initiatives by demonstrating the delivered value of the investment in the development of employees.
• Proactively and effectively address components of workplace culture, aspects of work flow/procedures, and structures that impede organizational and individual effectiveness in a manner consistent with the organization’s values of quality, integrity and customer centricity.
• Recommendations for external partnerships or consultants as necessary.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with 10-15 years of HR and 5-10 years of Business Unit experience or Masters with 10-15 years of experience preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
• Strong critical thinker with a strategic mindset.
• Proven ability to put in place multifaceted HR strategies that support and drive business outcomes.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Strong leadership profile, business acumen and client support orientation.
• A proven influencer with experience in organizational design and effectiveness.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Website : http://www1.bloomingdales.com/
Bloomingdale's, a leader in department store fashion, serves customers through 40 stores in 12 states. It focuses on upscale fashion apparel and home-related goods, with an emphasis on distinctive merchandise offerings. Known worldwide for its fashion sense and merchandising savvy, Bloomingdale's helped launch the careers of many now-famous designers. Among them are Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein and Donna Karan. New designers are being showcased today at Bloomingdale's and could well be the stars of tomorrow. Bloomingdale's is led by Chairman Michael Gould and President Tony Spring.