Hospice of Michigan
Chapel Hill, NC, United States
Signature HealthCARE of Chapel Hill is a 108-bed facility that offers a wide array of services enabling our patients and residents to receive the medical care they need, the restorative therapy they require, and the support they and their families deserve. We serve many types of patient and resident needs from short-term rehabilitation to traditional long-term care. Working with your physician, our staff, including medical specialists, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, dietitians and social workers, establishes a comprehensive treatment plan intended to restore you or your loved one to the fullest practicable potential. We know that choosing the right center for your healthcare needs can be overwhelming. We hope you find our website to be a valuable resource for you and your family in your decision-making process. We are here to assist you, so please call us anytime with questions.
Wound Care- Treatment Nurse (RN) opportunity at Signature HealthCARE of Chapel Hill:
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission as our Wound Care-Treatment Nurse RN.
Signature HealthCARE is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation services. We operate more than 115 locations across 10 states employing over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
A growing number of Signature centers are earning Five-Star ratings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We were also named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” three times! Signature’s culture is unparalleled and founded on three pillars: Learning, Spirituality, and Innovation. Come see what the Revolution is all about!
We’re currently hiring for the position Wound Care-Treatment Nurse RN to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide nursing care to residents as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with standards of nursing practice and regulations and as directed by the Director of Nursing.
* Perform all preventive skin care, dressing changes and wound care.
* Monitor the treatment of decubitus ulcers with appropriate documentation and communication to physician and family.
* Make rounds with physician, as needed, to discuss the care of residents who are currently receiving decubitus or catheter care.
* Assess weekly nutrition/hydration of residents with State I to Stage IV decubitus ulcers and evaluate and initiate additional nutritional intake, as required.
* Assist in resident care planning when resident is currently being monitored by Treatment Nurse.
* Notify physician of new skin problems, changes of condition and when skin conditions heal.
* Registered Nurse with required current state licensure.
* Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years related nursing experience.
* Wound Care certification (WCC) preferred
* Must have a current/active CPR certification.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Hospice of Michigan
Website : http://www.hom.org
Hospice of Michigan provides specialized health care services for people with a terminal illness and support for their loved ones. These services focus on comfort measures and pain control, or palliative care. Palliative care is directed by the patient and family along with the patient's physician or hospice medical director. Nurses, social workers, home health aides, spiritual advisors and trained volunteers work as an expert team to provide palliative care. The team focuses on providing comfort and pain relief when a cure is not possible. The goal is to help each person live as fully as possible and to help the family and loved ones participate in the person's care.