HCA Holdings, Inc
Aurora, CO, United States
At The Medical Center of Aurora, our team of behavioral health specialists is dedicated to working with patients throughout their entire behavioral health treatment and beyond.
Using cognitive, evidence-based therapies heavily influenced by Marsha M. Linehan’s dialectical behavior therapy techniques, we offer behavioral health treatments designed for yours or a loved one’s success.
Our holistic approach to care means that we treat the whole person, and we recognize the importance of emotional, physical, and medical issues.
Click here to learn more about behavioral health at Medical Center of Aurora
Click here to watch our video!
Ensure a safe and effective environment for psychiatric patients.
Performs assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, and Lead BHT.
A basic understanding of the behaviors of the psychiatric patient and an ability to interact in a therapeutic manner.
Function as a member of the treatment team and accept responsibilities for specifically assigned duties such as patient observation rounds, suicide risk observation, management of the milieu, assisting with behavior modification programs and care of patient’s daily activities and needs.
Will provide goal and wrap up groups daily.
routine vital sign checks, orient the patient to the unit and search and catalog patient belongings.
Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory laws as it relates to the care of the mentally ill.
* BLS-Healthcare provider.
* CPI certification within 1 month of hire and re-certification every 1 years thereafter
* Bachelors in Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling or/or Lead Position or equivalent experience preferred.
* One year of inpatient behavioral health preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members.
* Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
* Strong critical thinking skills.
* Ability to maintain healthy personal boundaries, protecting the therapeutic integrity of the counselor-patient relationship.
* Degree of Supervision Required:
* Involves general guidance and direction by thecharge nurse and nurse manager.
* Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures
Job: *Behavioral & Social Work
Title: Behavioral Health Tech II FT Nights/ Adolescent Psych
Location: Colorado-Aurora-The Medical Center of Aurora
Requisition ID: 03191-76987
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.