connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
CarMax Business Services, LLC
Over 20 years ago CarMax revolutionized the automotive industry. Today CarMax is looking to once again transform our business by developing a world class digital customer acquisition engine. The Manager Search Engine Optimization will play an integral role in this important company initiative and have an immediate impact on the way CarMax acquires customers.
This position will set CarMaxs SEO vision and ensure we meet our lofty goals. They will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to execute a strategy that will achieve significant growth in site traffic as well as impact to CarMaxs bottom line. This strategy will include, but is not limited to, recommendations on the technical aspects of ********** (URL structure, inter-site linking, etc), content development, offsite strategy and local optimization.
A successful candidate is a search engine guru - someone who has a deep expertise in SEO. They will have shown in previous roles an ability to build relationships with and influence other leaders.
- Strategy Development: Manage CarMaxs organic search program
- Develop and share an SEO vision
- Lead the creation and prioritization of a backlog of projects that that will deliver against performance goals
- Provide ongoing recommendations based on SEO best practices
- Channel Execution & Optimization: Identify and activate against opportunities to optimize the program
- Monitor SEO trends and investigate irregularities in performance to identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Lead a cross-functional team to implement changes that optimize performance
- Stay abreast of advances in the SEO industry; act as a subject matter expert (SME) to other teams
- Stakeholder management: Communicate program performance and gain buy-in for an SEO vision
- Provide regular updates to key stakeholders in a variety of settings
- Summarize complex details easily and in a manner that is both effective and engaging
- Build strong relationships with others throughout the department and organization
- Leading through others: Obtain and manage resources to achieve our SEO objectives
- Motivate a cross-functional team to achieve it our goals
- Understands what resources are required to achieve our SEO objectives and ensures the team has those resources
- Promote an environment of continuous learning through developing training for other CarMax associates whose assistance is needed to optimize SEO
- Maintain a network of agency and vendor partners
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to apply industry & technical knowledge to company goals to produce results
- Technical master in organic search algorithms and ranking factors
- Proficient knowledge of web analytics platforms (eg. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Experience utilizing agile methods and working within a product organization
- Experience with SQL, HTML, PHP and other programming languages
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree
- Graduate degree preferred
- 7 years of SEO experience including multiple years running an enterprise level SEO program
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
CarMax Business Services, LLC
Website : http://www.carmax.com
CarMax was built on the idea that there had to be a better way to buy a used car. So we set out to change things by making the buying process as easy (and fun!) as possible. Before anything else though, we laid the foundation upon which our car-selling venture would be built: INTEGRITY.