Rib Crib BBQ, Inc
Springfield, MO, United States
Interested in joining the Rib Crib team?
This is your 'Cue. At Rib Crib, we hire the only the best.
It all started in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1992, the first Rib Crib restaurant opened in an eighty-year-old house. Seeing as how our first location wasnâ€™t even air-conditioned, itâ€™s clearly been about the food all along: amazing sauces, original rubs and mouthwatering smoked meats. Well over a decade and many franchises later, itâ€™s still about the food. But todayâ€™s Rib Crib is about first-rate facilities too: relaxed, inviting, and uniquely atmospheric.
There arenâ€™t many companies anymore where you can start at the bottom as a cook and, with the right kind of initiative, end up as a corporate executive. I know this whole scenario may seem completely unbelievable to some people, but thatâ€™s exactly how it happened to me!
- Phillip S., Sr. Regional Manager
Server Job Description
Reports to: General Manager
Job Grade: FLSA Status: Non-exempt
General Summary: Coordinates activities of dining room employees engaged in
providing courteous and rapid service to diners by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for greeting and seating all guests using the standard Rib Crib
greeting, â€śHi, Welcome to Rib Cribâ€ť and proceeding to use the twelve steps of
2. Presents menu, answers questions, suggestively sells menu items using â€śsizzle
wordsâ€ť, and answers questions regarding food and service.
3. Answers phone calls by the third ring, determines the nature of the call and
directs calls to appropriate persons. Takes call-in orders and answers catering
questions when necessary.
4. Records guestsâ€™ orders on check.
5. Relays order to kitchen and serves courses from kitchen.
6. Prepares and suggests drinks, desserts, and stocks service bars as determined
by establishmentâ€™s size and practices.
7. Observes guestsâ€™ dining experiences and is able to respond to any additional
requests and to determine when a meal has been completed.
8. Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to Cashier.
9. Clears and resets counters or tables at conclusion of each meal and shift.
10. Demonstrates a willingness to assume any responsibility or perform any task
(â€śshift to assistâ€ť) regardless of nature to demonstrate that teamwork is part of
the operating culture. All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to clearly communicate both orally and written as required to serve guests and
supervise dining room activities as needed.
2. Understands basic math concepts as required to total costs and make change.
3. Proficient use of restaurant equipment including but not limited to such things as
headset, microphone and Aloha or View Touch operating systems etc.
Education & Experience: Minimum six months previous restaurant industry experience
based upon managementâ€™s discretion.
Certifications/Licenses: Food Handlerâ€™s Permit where applicable.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
â€˘ Position requires the employee to perform most of the work from a standing
position for long periods of time frequently walking, pushing, pulling, lifting,
carrying, kneeling, or stooping.
â€˘ Work may occasionally involve periods of lifting up to 10 pounds with occasional
lifting not to exceed 30 pounds.
Position is in a climate-controlled establishment. Employees may be exposed to brief
periods of temperature extremes of heat or cold in conjunction with internal conditions as
warranted for the preservation or preparation of food handling.
Rib Crib BBQ, Inc