Synergy America Inc
1-2 yrs required
Greensboro, NC, United States
Jul 14, 2021
We are currently seeking a Receptionist/General Clerk for a 1 year (with 2 more years of extension) for United States Attorney’s office in Greensboro, NC. This position serves as Receptionist/General Clerk I responsible for receiving telephone calls and visitors to the office; responding to inquiries; providing general information regarding office programs; receiving, reviewing, and distributing mail. The work of the Receptionist/General Clerk I require a specialized knowledge of the processes, procedures, and practices of administrative activities in conjunction with knowledge of clerical and administrative office skills and an ability to apply these skills. This role performs various administrative duties such as greeting visitors, answering phones, and other administrative functions. The Contractor utilizes a phone system, paging, and desktop computer. The Contractor must have experience using Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
Skills for Receptionist/General Clerk:
· High school diploma is required, undergraduate degree is preferred.
· Good communication and organizational skills, the ability to deliver the highest quality work under pressure, and knowledge of software utilized by the USAO (or the ability to acquire knowledge about the USAO’s computer systems).
· The Contractor must have the ability to prove U.S. Citizenship.
Responsibilities for Receptionist/General Clerk:
· Receives telephone calls and visitors to the office. Controls access to the office and ensures that only visitors properly cleared are authorized entry. Notifies staff members of visitors or incoming telephone calls. Takes messages from, and gives messages to, visitors and callers when staff members are unavailable.
· Responds to inquiries, providing general information regarding office programs. Advises caller or visitor to contact the appropriate Federal, State, or local agencies concerning matters outside the USAO's purview and furnishes the needed address(es) or telephone number(s) when available.
· Maintains an up-to-date telephone listing and card file of addresses of departments and agencies. Obtains address information from letters and teletypes which arrive in the office.
· Maintains telephone recording equipment. Prepares recorded greetings and activates off-duty telephone answering machine(s) when required. Plays back and transcribes messages on a regular basis. * Receives and verifies all supply deliveries and library books. Timely notifies appropriate administrative personnel of deliveries.
· Daily prepares total of checks received in the mail and forwards to appropriate division. Safeguards checks that are not forwarded on day of receipt due to lateness of arrival.
· Produces a variety of written documents utilizing varied and advanced word processing software functions, working from handwritten draft, edited copy, or electronic files created by another staff member. Final copy may be in one of several formats, each requiring the use of advanced functions to perform extensive editing functions and frequently involving specialized terminology. Uses a variety of advanced word processing functions, e.g., to create tables of contents and lists of exhibits. Creates, copies, edits, makes insertions and deletions, and moves text throughout a single document and from one electronic word processing file to another.
· Stores, retrieves, and prints a variety of documents to include those requiring complex formats such as graphics or tables within text. Ensures documents are in the proper format, and that spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar have been verified. Consults with document author to resolve questionable material.
· Receives, reviews, and distributes incoming mail, including service of process. Maintains miscellaneous numerical/ alpha files so that correspondence checks can be made for unfamiliar material received. Check’s mail and annotates accordingly, e.g. attorney assigned, case number, etc. Ensures mail received from other agencies is appropriately screened and distributed.
· Ensures the drop-off and pick-up of documents to the courthouse daily or as needed.
· Some heavy lifting may be required. Distributes supplies and copy paper, assembles furniture, and assists in the moving of office furniture.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Synergy America Inc
Website : http://www.synergyamerica.com