Beaver Creek Lodge
Asheville, NC, United States
Nov 19, 2020
Mar 04, 2021
Purpose / Objective:
The overall objective and purpose of the Guest Services Manager (GSM) is to oversee guest and front office operations. Our GSM will assist with guest check in, check out, requests and challenges. They will manage lobby and valet operations, hotel amenities and provide assistance throughout the hotel as needed. Additionally, the GSM will monitor Grand Performer scheduling, cooperation and training. The incumbent is responsible for supervising the Front Office, ensuring our guests receive exceptional service. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Rooms department in support of the mission, core values and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility:
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Regularly seek and utilize guest commentary to build long lasting relationships.
• Drive continuous improvement in overall guest satisfaction and scores.
• Ensures all guest special requests are fulfilled.
• Respond and follow up on all problem/resolution cases.
• Promote our company culture in which Grand Performers excel in their roles and understand what is expected of them every day.
• Executive and create defined guest service strategies through communication between all departments: Front Desk, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage and Valet.
• Ensures Grand Performers are in compliance with appearance standards.
• Actively coach, counsel and discipline Grand Performers when necessary. Manages all Grand Performer professional development and growth.
• Manage their team in creating, and implementing programs and policies to create a safe and exceptional environment for guests, and Grand Performers.
• Ensures compliance with all hotel policies, standards and procedures.
• Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customer service.
• Edits work schedules and evaluates work performance of employees.
• Assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
• High School diploma - required
• 4 years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
• Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
Work Environment / Conditions:
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
• Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
• Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
• Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
• Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
• While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
• Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
• While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform. All Grand Performers are required to perform the essential functions, physical demands and intended purpose of their role in a satisfactory manner within the Performance Standards, Intuitive Service Standards and Core Values of the company in effort to achieve the company’s mission and uphold the company culture. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Kessler Collection is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Kessler Collection does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Beaver Creek Lodge