HCA Management Services, LP
San Jose, CA, United States
Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you demonstrate communication, problem solving and case management skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly? Now is the time to join our team ofmotivatedand nurturing individuals working to assist patients with their Medicaid Eligibility screening and enrollment. Ideal candidates will have a steady work knowledge of medical terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines. You should also share a passion for our purpose,* To serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their community.*
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY TODAY. See what makes us a *fabulous place to work! *
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
* We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
* Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needsof you and your family. Benefits include 401k, paid time off medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* Responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-payments.
* Serve as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and governmental agencies; and you will be actively involved in all areas of case management.
* Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage, federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity application.
* Re-verify benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment.
* Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
* Obtain legal relevant medical evidence, physician statements and all other documentation required for eligibility determination, and complete and file applications.
* Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and completion of all mandated applications and accompanying documentation.
* Document progress notes to the patient's file and the hospital computer system.
* Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as required.
* Required to make field visits as necessary.
* College degree preferred or high school diploma (equivalent).
* Minimum three years of hospital/medical business office experience with insurance procedures and patient interaction
* Understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
* Ability to collect, synthesize and research complex or diverse information.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medicaid Eligibility Advocate
Location: California-San Jose-Regional Medical Center of San Jose
Requisition ID: 26573-166166
HCA Management Services, LP
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.