Motorola Mobility LLC
The SOX Team Lead will be responsible for day to day management of the SOX program and ensuring the team is on track to achieve overall program objectives and key milestones per agreed upon timeline. The role involves working closely with the Program Director as well as the global SOX Assessors. This person will be responsible for performing quality reviews of assessment workpapers including process documentation. This individual will collaborate with the Company s external auditor to coordinate annual process walk-throughs and bring resolution to any open requests or questions during the audit period.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
* Work with SOX Assessors as needed to conclude on findings and ensure communication and ownership by the business partners.
* Communicate with process owners with regards to the importance of an internal control structure and their compliance with internal control policies and guidelines.
* Follow up and work with the SOX Assessors on business remediation activities and retesting effort.
* Act as liaison between business owners and/or external audit.
* Coordinate internal control communication and monitoring testing results for quarterly disclosure and audit committee meetings.
* Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
* CPA is Preferred.
* Experience with and solid understanding of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and/or understanding of internal control concepts.
* Ability to understand process mapping and proper process and control design to mitigate risks.
* Ability to multi task and work well under pressure to achieve critical program milestones.
* Flexibility to work with team members globally.
3 years experience in one of the following: Audit, Accounting or Finance
This position is part of the Global Internal Audit Organization and will report to the Global SOX Program Director. The Global SOX Director is responsible for the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting globally for financially significant entities and processes. The SOX organization is comprised of 6 direct reports in Krakow, Poland and 11 indirect reports located throughout Penang, UK, Germany and Chicago with the Program Director located in Chicago.
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions innovations, products and services play essential roles in people s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Motorola Mobility LLC
Website : http://www.motorola.com
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, is breaking through the barriers that separate people from the things they love. We're designing technology that connects seamlessly so consumers have the best content at their fingertips, every second of every day. TV, talk, text, email and web surfing – we're putting people at the center of it all. It's what we call a Motorola Powered future and we're making the devices that do more, so people can do more.