Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules, and syringes.
Scope of Position:
Responsible for producing accurate, clear, and interesting content for scientific communications for publication (both peer-reviewed and placements) as well as multimedia and web-based publications. Applies scientific principles to understand, organize, and describe complex data for scientific, pharmaceutical, regulatory, and lay audiences. Coordinates guidance from a multi-disciplinary team to meet publication deadlines. Conducts literature reviews and handles references. Crafts and maintains standard responses to typical questions posed by customers, auditors, and regulatory personnel.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Reviews data generated from a variety of sources, including internal/external studies, research documentation, and interviews/discussions with internal experts.
• Verifies that results are consistent with protocols.
• Confirms completeness and challenges conclusions when necessary.
• Performs literature searches and makes recommendations for application to internal studies and/or inclusion in publications.
• Compiles information and data into a compelling technical narrative.
• Develops content for publication including scientific journals, submission to regulatory bodies and to customers.
• Understands and aligns with appropriate conventions, proper grammar usage, and correct formats per internal and external requirements.
• Submits and tracks manuscript status from conceptualization through publication.
• Up to 10% travel within US and Europe
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
• 40 hours/week
Required Education and experience:
• MS or PhD in technical field (e.g. Materials, Biochemistry, or related engineering fields.)
• Minimum of 2 years of experience writing technical publications (writing sample required.)
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret an extensive variety of scientific and regulatory documents
• Excellent English language skills, especially writing and proofreading
• Excellent communication and social skills and ability to engage with scientists, engineers, and regulatory authorities.
• Ability to translate technical data into compelling narrative for publication.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently on complex task.
• Technical skills in software programs to allow drafting, editing and desktop publishing.
• Understanding of statistics and interpretation of data.
• Experience with optical and material test equipment and standards.
• Fundamental understanding of chemically strengthened glass.
• Experience in pharmaceutical industry and familiarity with GMP.
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
• Standout colleague - work effectively with several organizations across multiple locations
• Positive attitude – able to make progress and continue to move forward after setbacks
• Communication – able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Flexible – able to effectively handle high levels of uncertainty and change
• Organized – able to effectively handle multiple objectives and execute activities with minimal supervision.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply online at:
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required: 2
Education Required: Doctoral
Website : http://www.corning.com
Corning Incorporated manufactures and sells specialty glasses, ceramics, and related materials worldwide. The company operates through five segments: Display Technologies, Optical Communications, Environmental Technologies, Specialty Materials, and Life Sciences. The Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs) that are used primarily in notebook computers, flat panel desktop monitors, and LCD televisions. The Optical Communications segment manufactures optical fiber and cable, and hardware and equipment products comprising cable assemblies, fiber optic hardware and connectors, optical components and couplers, closures, network interface devices, and other accessories. The Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary, and gasoline and diesel applications. The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide approximately 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics, and fluoride crystals. The Life Sciences segment develops, manufactures, and supplies scientific laboratory products, such as general labware and equipment, as well as specialty surfaces, media, and reagents for cell culture research, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery, microbiology, and chemistry. This segment also develops and produces various technologies, including the Corning Epic technology for screening; the Corning HYPER platform of vessels for cell yields; Corning Microcarriers for cell scale-up, therapy, and vaccine applications; Corning CellBIND, Matrigel, BioCoat, and Synthemax II surfaces; and Corning stemgro media. Corning Incorporated has strategic collaboration agreement with World Kitchen, LLC. The company was formerly known as Corning Glass Works and changed its name to Corning Incorporated in April 1989. Corning Incorporated was founded in 1851 and is based in Corning, New York.