Emerson Electric Co
Southaven, MS, United States
Nov 24, 2021
Mar 09, 2022
Distribution Team Lead, Weekend Shift','21017834','United States-Mississippi-Southaven','','Supply Chain & Logistics','Nov 24, 2021','!*!
The position of Distribution Team Lead is the first line of direction in the operations and is an integral part of the vision for the Emerson - Greenlee Memphis Distribution Center. It is instrumental in leading by example. The ideal candidate will be versed in planning, organization, and direction for employees
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with Supervisor regarding Employee Performance, Manpower Utilization and Training
- Plans and organizes department's operations, standard operating practices and procedures
- Leads and instructs team in day-to-day activities
- Communicates daily volume to team and assigns work to team members
- Adjusts manpower as needed, in conjunctions with other leads and or supervisors, to ensure customer orders are processed in a timely manner
- Provides on the job training and direction to team members
- Analyzes productivity reports to achieve established goals
- Troubleshoots/uses problem solving techniques to resolve operational challenges
- Performs associate/operator work when time allows from his/her other duties, unless there is an urgent need in the warehouse that warrants top priority
- Reports all safety, productivity, quality, equipment, and personnel challenges to the Supervisor
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
This is a 6a-630p, Friday, Saturday, Sunday position. Work 36 hours, paid for 40. Starting pay is 18.50 per hour
· High school diploma or GED
· One year of warehouse or manufacturing/operations experience
· Prior leadership responsibilities
· Relevant certification or degrees may count toward work experience requirement.
· Working knowledge of SAP
· Requires the ability to understand/communicate quality requirements and oversee operations to ensure goals are met.
· Must be able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a fair and cooperative manner to support a team environment.
· Must be willing to learn how to use a PC and appropriate software needed to perform job.
· Must be able to instruct and direct a small group of employees performing simple but diversified work.
- Ability to operate typical warehouse equipment including forklifts, reach trucks, or tri-loader.
Performs varied tasks requiring independent knowledge, its application to a variety of situations, as well as exercise of independent judgment in addition to procedures and instructions provided.
This position may exert up to 35 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to grasp, finger, lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Incumbent will be required to perform dynamic activities including reaching and stretching, as well as, frequent bending and twisting of the torso.
The responsibilities outlined in this position description serve as a general guideline for the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.','Distribution Team Lead, Weekend Shift