Each year Scholastic Book Fairs, in partnership with schools across the country, hosts more than 127,000 book-sale events that give more than 35 million students and their families access to thousands of affordable and educational products, helping foster a lifelong love of reading.
We are currently in search of Fair Consultant Trainees to help us support our schools and ensure they host successful events. These full time positions offer medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, 401k and summers and off.
Qualified candidates will be able to develop their knowledge of Scholastic Book Fairs Sales Processes so that they may eventually move into the role of Book Fair Consultant. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to sales consultant positions under the direction of experienced sales consultants or direct supervisor.
- Receives training and performs duties in several areas such as sales, marketing promotional materials, warehousing, inventory, customer service, information systems to become familiar with the functions, operations, company policies and procedures that affect the Book Fairs business.
- Assists experienced sales consultants in contacting schools, booking fairs, making pre-fair calls, working with field reps, tracking numbers and goals for assigned territory, handling overflow calls for reorders, etc.
- Observes experienced sales consultant to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required to perform the job.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years sales or customer service experience.
- Basic math skills.
- Computer literate with strong background in Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarization with childrens literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
- Highly organized, self-starter, goal-oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
- Calm under pressure with ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs, push/pull cases up to 300lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran.
Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination. To view the full EOE policy, click here.
Job ID: K*******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scholastic (NASDAQ: SCHL) was founded in 1920 as a single classroom magazine. Today, Scholastic books and educational materials are in tens of thousands of schools and tens of millions of homes worldwide, helping to Open a World of Possible for children across the globe. Contact Info
- West Chester Township, OH
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.scholastic.com
Scholastic India’s mission is to provide children in India with reading and learning opportunities that will cultivate their minds to the utmost capacity and enrich their lives. We aim to offer the best from the world of books and other reading and learning materials produced not only by Scholastic but also by select local and international publishers at prices Indian families can afford.