Worthington Industries, Inc.
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they’re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We’re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a “Most Admired Company” and four times as a “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
The Product Designer will assist in managing the Cylinders product drawing system. They will assist in the design and creation of product models, assemblies, and drawings in SolidWorks & AutoCAD for sales and production needs. The Product Designer will maintain product drawings by processing all necessary changes and create drawings per other engineering needs. They will perform design calculations and make recommendations for specific elements of a product design.
Key Position Results
- Create new product drawings/models & complete necessary calculations
- Create / update product drawings & calculations necessary for product modifications
- Assist with PDM implamentation and management for Consumer Products Group
- Generate and track ECRs (Engineering Change Requests) & NPRs (New Product Requests) with research of needed change
- Make drawing/model changes for ECRs & NPRs
- Manage ECR & NPR approval routing process
- Utilize basic engineering for some basic product designs
- Assist with hiring and coordinating daily work load of engineering interns, as needed
- 1st Tier BOM Approvals
- Reviews regulatory artwork for production and manufacturing
- Point of contact for IT support (drafting software, server space, etc)
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Proficient 2D drawing and 3D modeling ability through use of SolidWorks.
- Communication skills to organize problem solving which is then reflected in drawing
- Mechanical design knowledge
- Leadership abilities
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- SolidWorks experience required, AutoCAD experience a plus
- Manufacturing experience and/or proficient understanding a plus
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
Worthington Industries, Inc.
Website : http://www.worthingtonindustries.com
In 1955, a young steel salesman named John H. McConnell saw an opportunity for custom processed steel. He purchased his first load of steel by borrowing $600 against his 1952 Oldsmobile and founded Worthington Industries. First year earnings were $11,000 generated from sales of $342,000. From these modest beginnings, McConnell started a company known for its innovative products and services as well as its unique employee relationships.