Washington, DC, United States
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Duties may include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk and common areas.
People or Process Management Responsibility:
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School degree
• 0-2 years of related experience
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• 1 year experience in the care and cleaning of buildings is preferred
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming as required
• Gather and empty trash
• Service, clean, and supply restrooms
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, usingcleaners, sponges, and squeegees
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
• Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
• Remove garbage and debris from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas
• Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
• Maintain building lighting - Use of a ladder required
• Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
Website : http://www.reyesholdings.com