General Information Services, Inc.
2 yrs required
Dallas, TX, United States
Contract Management, Legal
Primary Function: Under the direction of the General Counsel prepare, analyze, and negotiate many customer and a few vendor contracts and follow through to execution and retention, with a focus on nonstandard, complex agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare, draft, and negotiate complex and/or technical contracts, including those that require specialized subject matter expertise, nonstandard risk mitigation solutions, and coordination of multiple arrangements. Design, develop, and draft unique agreement structures.
• Take lead role for contracting process, including negotiation, close-out actions, and issue resolution.
• Identify business risks and develop strategies for avoidance and mitigation. Identify and coordinate the identification and escalation of legal issues related to contracts.
• Work with business customers to manage risk and ensure business needs are appropriately addressed in agreements.
• Partner with other members of the legal and compliance teams to ensure consistency with internal policies and procedures.
• Conducts reviews and modifies contract terms and conditions, and together with in-house legal counsel and compliance department, reviews, and insures compliance with company requirements
• Must comply with law, company policies and procedures, and the highest ethical standards.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience required.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in complex contract negotiation is required.
• Contracts drafting and negotiation expertise and experience is required.
• Ability to actively work on multiple complex contracts at any time is required.
• Excellent PC Skills; MS Word, Excel, Contract Management System (Salesforce.com) are required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to work (including to escalate to very senior personnel) with minimal supervision or support is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a medium to large corporate environment is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years on primarily sell-side contracts is preferred.
• Diversity of experience in target verticals is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding client information; ensure proper destruction of confidential documents, and compliance with Personally Identifiable Information (PII) rules and regulations.
• Ability to type at a computer terminal and view input is required.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time is required.
• Ability to communicate on a telephone, in person, and in writing with customers, vendors and other network users is required.
"General Information Services, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law".
General Information Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.geninfo.com
GIS is proud to be known as an NAPBS-accredited employment background checks and screening company – but we’re so much more than just background checks. Whether you’re trying to hire better employees, bring on better volunteers, engage better contractors or enroll better students, GIS has the services and programs you need to be successful. That means background checks, drug tests, wellness services and onboarding services, for just about any type of program and industry you can imagine – all backed by dedicated account management, rigorous quality assurance, always-improving technology and so much more.