Weld County Human Services
2 yrs required
Greeley, CO, United States
Accounting, Government, Legal
Oct 13, 2021
The Weld County Department of Human Services Child Support Division located in Greeley, CO, is searching for a Legal Technician to actively work and monitor a child support caseload of 500-600 cases. Enforce child support orders using legal and administrative remedies.
Conduct initial systems search to locate data on parents. Locate parent's address, employment, and income and resource information utilizing numerous automated and manual tools.
Assess case information to determine appropriate administrative and legal courses of action.
Perform accounting duties including preparing arrears calculations, analyzing financial data and negotiating payment agreements and settlements.
Prepare and file administrative and legal actions within mandated timeframes. Review court actions with attorney and assist at court hearings. May be required to testify at hearings.
Communicate with parents, attorneys, court, employers and the general public in a professional manner designed to encourage participation in the overall goals of the department.
Analyze and work system generated reports, on-line alerts, calendar reviews, Child Support Enforcement Tool (CSE), and locate responses. Update child support automated system on all contacts and actions taken in a clear and concise manner. Problem solve with other agency personnel.
Prioritize and organize tasks to maximize efficiency and productivity. Actively work and monitor a child support caseload. Enforce child support and medical support orders and conduct initial review of orders.
Problem solve with other agency personnel.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalency.
• Successful Completion of an Associate's Degree is preferred.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Required Work Experience:
• Four years full time business or clerical experience in an office environment which includes extensive customer service, telephone use and computer experience.
• Two years' work experience which must include legal secretarial, paralegal experience or collections experience.
Preferred Work Experience:
• Experience in Collections.
• Experience in legal document preparation.
• Experience with County or State Child Support Services programs.
• Paralegal Certificate.
Condition of Employment:
• Must obtain Paralegal Certificate within first 12 months of employment if not certified upon hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Must pass Human Services Background Check
To view complete job announcement and to apply, use the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/weld
Weld County Human Services