PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Dynacraft, a PACCAR Company, is headquartered in Algona, WA. Dynacraft is a diversified global manufacturer of PACCAR medium- and heavy-duty truck parts sold under Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. For more than forty years, Dynacraft has provided the companys truck divisions and PACCAR Parts service parts division with high quality components, subassemblies, and specialized services. Dynacraft has production facilities in Algona, WA, Louisville, KY and Plano/McKinney, TX.
The Unit Manager reports to the Assistant Plant Manager and is responsible for day-to-day operations and supervision of a group of hourly shop floor personnel and team leaders. The ideal candidate is safety-conscious, self-motivated, and has prior experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Manage, coach and develop a team of 15-25 team leaders and shop floor employees in a fast paced environment.
* Play an active role in promoting positive employee relations and engagement.
* Participate in projects related to recruitment, training, and leadership development.
* Establish and control procedures to meet production schedules, recommending improvements in production methods, equipment, operating efficiency and working conditions.
* Ensure that all Dynacraft standards are maintained throughout all operations. These include but are not limited to Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Process and Procedural standards.
* Participate in developing and executing departmental goals and objectives.
* Spend at least 25% of time on the floor in areas under your responsibility, assisting team leaders with issues resolution and working on continuous improvement projects.
* Participate in special assignments; Six Sigma/Lean and continuous improvement activities at Dynacraft and in PACCAR-wide initiatives.
* Train and evaluate performance of department team members.
* Communicate with other departments as required on plant related issues and follow-up tasks.
* Conduct daily communication meetings with team members in the areas under your responsibility.
* Perform other projects and assignments as may be required.
Qualifications & Skills
* Ability to supervise, make decisions, and use independent judgment and/or action required.
* Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
* Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, understanding of Six Sigma Minitab software is a plus.
* Applicant should have basic understanding of Lean practices.
* Applicants must be able to multi-task, prioritize, successfully handle pressure, and work/make decisions independently when required.
* Successful candidate is safety-conscious, self-motivated, a team player, and is able to think proactively.
* Bachelors degree preferred.
* 1-3 years of experience in a supervisor role required.
Act with Integrity
Drive for Results
Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Job Segment: Industrial, Lean Six Sigma, Plant, Manager, Manufacturing, Management
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.paccar.com
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. The company also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.