De La Rosa Law Firm
Coral Gables, FL, United States
Mar 04, 2023
De La Rosa Law, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for a Senior Paralegal available in our Miami office, located in Coral Gables, FL. This is an in-office position intended to assist attorneys with preparation for hearings, trials, and other work. Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides assistance to litigation attorneys and paralegals in all phases of discovery and trial preparation
· Prepares subpoenas and other documents, demand letters, interrogations
· Manages documents and assists attorneys with preparation for depositions, hearings and trials
Skills & Competencies:
· Must possess exceptional technology skills, including Microsoft Office, database and internet research skills, and provide excellent client service
· Must have strong organization, administrative and communication skills
· English is required (both written and verbal); Spanish is a plus.
· Must be a critical thinker, dependable, able to work at a fast pace, and a team player
· Full time position (40 hours per week, 9am - 5pm) with flexibility for overtime required
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required
· Law firm and litigation experience is required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook 2010; Windows 10 preferred) required
o Prepare affidavits or other documents, such as legal correspondence, and organize and maintain documents in paper or electronic filing system.
o Prepare legal documents, including briefs, pleadings, subpoenas, and closing statements.
o Prepare for trial by performing tasks such as organizing exhibits.
o Investigate facts and law of cases and search pertinent sources, such as public records and internet sources, to determine causes of action and to prepare cases.
o Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of case.
o File pleadings with court clerk.
o Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
o Direct and coordinate law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
o Call upon witnesses to testify at hearing.
o Keep and monitor legal volumes to ensure that law library is up-to-date.
o Legal terminology – understanding of pleading language and arguments.
o Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
o Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
o Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
o Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
o Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
o Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
o Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
o Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
o Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
o English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
o Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules and the democratic political process.
De La Rosa Law Firm