Rockford, IL, United States
Jan 05, 2021
Apr 20, 2021
Engineering Design Tech','227475','!*!At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Performs field engineering and provides designs for both internal and external customers. May coordinate, track and monitor the electrical requirements of New Business projects to meet customer need dates. Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develops designs, layouts, construction drawings, and a bill of material for relatively complex systems and on a number of smaller projects or portions of a larger project for the installation/removal/modification of utility infrastructure on Exelons electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. This may include activities associated with customer contact, scheduling, engineering and construction of New Business installations, removals and relocations.
- Interprets and applies engineering standards and memos.
- Assists with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes#CD# (e. g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, or designs against accepted engineering principles and practices)
- Evaluates effectiveness of current design processes.
- Participates on teams#CD# (e. g. Design high voltage transmission and distribution circuits, meeting all engineering standards and criteria)
- Successful completion of the Technician Occupations Selection Systems (TECH) test
- Associates degree in a technical field (1) or equivalent relevant education / experience (See Section Below) (2) AND 2-5 years of relevant technical experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem-solving approaches.
- Knowledge of construction, operations or engineering principles and practices.
- Good knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes, methods, and practices necessary to perform routine assignments for a specific discipline installations, or service.
- Proficient Computer Drawing and Computer Assisted Design skills
- Valid drivers license
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelors degree (technical field) (1) - AND zero to 3 years of relevant technical experience.
- Non-degreed or non-technical degree-equivalent relevant education (2) AND 5-7 years of relevant technical experiencePreferred:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology','!*!- Develops construction drawings and material requirements for relatively complex systems associated with utility infrastructure installation, removal or modification.
- Works independently under the direction of a lead engineer.
- May respond to customer needs for service by evaluating standard versus required facilities in order to develop charges for customers that have financial and operational impact.
- Responsible for financial requirements associated with projects that support the Asset Investment Committee (AIC) / Project Review Committee (PRC) process.
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work environment and to enhance customer satisfaction.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster','US-IL-ROCKFORD','','123 ENERGY AVE # 765','','ROCKFORD','61109','Distribution','ComEd','Full-time','Regular','Jan 5, 2021','Jan 16, 2021','Engineering Design Tech
Website : http://www.brassring.com